PDA

View Full Version : Wodden Tray

JacquiO
11th July 2013, 06:27 AM
Gday all,
Just wondering if anyone has replaced a wooden tray on a GQ patrol ute, is it easy? or would you recomend a business near Wynnum area to do it for you just to save the hair falling out and the headache it may cause.:driving2:

threedogs
11th July 2013, 08:47 AM
Easy enough to replace, maybe Nissannewby may be able to point you in the right direction
Matts up that way I think

NP99
11th July 2013, 09:09 AM
I would think DIY would be cheaper than a shop.

Pezzer
11th July 2013, 09:16 AM
Are you replacing with timber?

JacquiO
11th July 2013, 10:20 AM
Yeap just wanted to replace it with timber or should I just get a piece of checker plate and cover the whole back?

Pezzer
11th July 2013, 10:39 AM
That would depend on what you would be carrying, timber will always gouge and needs looking after like any timber product, you could sheet it, from a weight point of view aluminium would be the first choice and it would not have to be a heavy gauge as the timber would absorb impacts, chequer plate looks good but draw backs are it cuts into anything laying on it and its awkward to shovel out of. An option if you show the truck is a well fitted rubber mat that can be rolled up to expose the new timber tray.

tezzza88
11th August 2013, 05:18 PM
I would put timber in the tray it quitter and it helps stop things sliding around in the back, also if you drive on corrugations a lot you would want weight to stop the back skipping around on the road on to much but wood in the tray in anuf.