PDA

View Full Version : Sub tank light on dash....

mudski
10th July 2013, 10:17 PM
So I was wiring in the Air locker and I removed the facia for the stereo. I had to move the the car and noticed a sub tank light came up on the dash facia panel. I have never seen this before. Once I plugged the sub tank switch back in it disappeared.
Is this sub tank light suppose to illuminate when I hit the sub tank button? Only the light in the switch comes on for me.

Not important, just something new I noticed. Like the $12.25 in coin I found under the passenger side carpet when I removed the seat to mount the compressor.:Yahoo!:

Conradk
10th July 2013, 10:24 PM
I suspect what you saw was the same that happens when there is an earthing problem or a hang-up in the electronics, and is warning of a break in the circuit somewhere.

Sir Roofy
10th July 2013, 10:26 PM
Could be earth related

boots
11th July 2013, 05:04 PM
Same occured for me Mark when I had my dash apart fixing the rattles in the heater vent control unit . Drove a few days without the radio facia on and that light stayed on .Same had not seen it before . Only the switch light .

Bigcol
11th July 2013, 05:14 PM
I think it is a warning lamp to tell you you DO have a problem with the Sub Tank System
I have a mate who is / was replacing my 30L one with a long range tank and he was having a small problem with some earth wire internally of the sender unit
he asked me about the light on the Dash......... Ive never seen it

but, after what you guys are describing, I think it is a Warning Lamp thingy...................

cheers

Sir Roofy
11th July 2013, 06:59 PM
Your not talking about the low fuel light comming on botton left corner in the dash ?

mudski
11th July 2013, 11:18 PM
No sub tank. I only came on when the switch was unplugged then went off when I put the switch back in. I just thought maybe it was supposed to come on when I hit the sub tank switch.

Sir Roofy
11th July 2013, 11:48 PM
Well if you think of it in reverse the low fuel orange light comes on you hit the sub tank switch it glows green then once the mains gets enough in it the orange light goes out so they could be conncted brake the circit and the light glows

wildgu6
12th July 2013, 05:54 AM
My sub light comes on every time I use the sub tank, always glows orange, then off again when I switch it off

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
12th July 2013, 06:00 AM
My sub light comes on every time I use the sub tank, always glows orange, then off again when I switch it off

Very interesting. Must find out more.

threedogs
12th July 2013, 08:57 AM
You can't "USE" the sub tank on GUs you can only transfer fuel from sub to main and use that.
I believe the sender is Neg off, if I heard right when they fitted my Aux tank.
Sub light comes on inside switch when transferring fuel, very faint light imo

mudski
12th July 2013, 05:29 PM
Well if you think of it in reverse the low fuel orange light comes on you hit the sub tank switch it glows green then once the mains gets enough in it the orange light goes out so they could be conncted brake the circit and the light glows

Mine doesn't glow green. It only fades out when the tank is filling back up. My Patrol must be the "poverty pack".

That's what I thought it should do. Its no biggie, I would never know the light was there if I didn't unplug the switch so unless some knows an easy fix, it stays the way it is.

Now! Something else I noticed this morning. Haven't had a look yet though to confirm. It looks like I have rear/ side demister strips on there but only the rear/ rear works.

Like I said. Povo Pack...

threedogs
12th July 2013, 06:39 PM
@ Mudski You too hey, only one rear door works and the rear left side window don't wont.
better start another thread. I have power going to both rear doors.
They tell me the rear left window wires could be an antenna

mudski
12th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Im sure both of mine work on the rear. I know for sure the rear left does work though.

I tapped that app

wildgu6
12th July 2013, 09:31 PM
You can't "USE" the sub tank on GUs you can only transfer fuel from sub to main and use that.
I believe the sender is Neg off, if I heard right when they fitted my Aux tank.
Sub light comes on inside switch when transferring fuel, very faint light imo

True bout the fuel transfer, you don't actually use the sub tank.
Light in switch comes on quite bright on mine but there is also a sub tank light in the instrument panel that lights up when transferring fuel. And a bloody annoying beep beep beep beep beep .................
Would love to know where it is and how to disconnect it ??

wildgu6
12th July 2013, 09:33 PM
@ Mudski You too hey, only one rear door works and the rear left side window don't wont.
better start another thread. I have power going to both rear doors.
They tell me the rear left window wires could be an antenna

Both mine work on the rear TD