PDA

View Full Version : Can you put Gq rear disks on an mq? Changing Cam spec's on sd33

79raven
10th July 2013, 01:27 PM
Just wondering if its possible to retrofit gq rear disks on an mq? I know most of the braking is done through the front but I forgot how bad drum brakes are and would like to increase the stopping power and also degrease the chances of the rear locking up if possible.
Also, is there anyone doing regrinds of the sd33 cam? I dont expect huge gains and also dont want to lose the sd33's reliability..... Just a little more toe. I know with a mates Ef regrinding cams without it been done before can work out VERY expensive compared to more " common" regrinds.
Cheers

Little Mick
10th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Mate can't help with the disc brake,but on the camshaft grinding you could try Wade cams in Victoria or Ivan Tighe up in Queensland.

AB
10th July 2013, 08:13 PM
I remember seeing a thread on here about the GQ rear disc conversion to MQ, I'll try and find it mate but I think it was a bit of stuffing around and didn't line up, re-drilling required, etc.....I'll try and find it later tonight or if someone knows the answer then feel free to let us know.

79raven
10th July 2013, 08:29 PM
Cheers guys

GQ TANK
12th July 2013, 09:14 PM
I have seen a thread elsewhere about a disk conversion, it is possible - but a lot of work, master cylinder change - plus engineering cert requirements etc.

The guy who done it was a very good metal fabricator