PDA

View Full Version : GU CRD mods, where to get done, Northern suburbs (melb)

Hodge
9th July 2013, 06:16 PM
Alright folks need some advice on this one.
Workmate has a 2010 CRD and wants to get the common stuff done like Dawes valve, egr blank and catch can. This bloke is an older chap, so hes not the type to fiddle around and mod the car like some of us like to. But he understands why these mods should be done. Hes prepping the car for a trip up north, so I told him these mods would definitely help.

Anyways I personally don't 100% know how those are installed. Nor would I attempt to do it on somebody elses car, especially since I haven't even done it to my car yet. By the time mine will get done, he'd already be on his trip.
He wants a place where he can just drive in and get it done, pay for it and drive away. I can help him order the bits through mudski or eBay or whatever. Hes from Epping.

Anyone know of a place? Would be much appreciated!

kevin07
9th July 2013, 09:42 PM
no dawes required minimum needs a egt gauge to drive with ultragauge for boost and others bigger exhaust from my readings no bigger than 2.75 and block the egr that will get him out of trouble

Hodge
9th July 2013, 10:21 PM
I thought the CRD's needed manual boost control, especially if you block the EGR since boost goes up.

mudski
10th July 2013, 12:12 AM
Not really required but it still does make a difference in performance. The dawes is not just for the older Di's to help stop them grenading. It also give you the driver control on how the turbo gets it's boost and using a needle valve in conjunction with the dawes lets you decide how fast your turbo will spool up.
Hodge, have you got a Boost and EGT gauge in?
I can help out but I haven't fitted up a CRD but theres a first time for everything. Plus I'm outta stock of Dawes valves, hopefully getting my next shipment by the end of the week and needle valves, same thing, they will be atleast another two weeks on top reckon.

Hodge
10th July 2013, 07:34 PM
No gauges fitted yet mate, waiting for exhaust to be fitted and my pod to arrive.
This bloke has read the other patrol forum and regardless, he wants the valve fitted whether it's needed or not, he just wants more control.

mudski
10th July 2013, 08:01 PM
Need all gauges fitted and working first before anything...

Hodge
10th July 2013, 08:17 PM
Need all gauges fitted and working first before anything...

Yeh definitely. As soon as my pod arrives, gauges get fitted. As for his well, I made him aware he'll need them, so I dunno what his intentions are from now on.