PDA

View Full Version : Conformation of oil grades.

Haggis
8th July 2013, 03:47 PM
[SIZ
E="2"][/SIZE]
I have just purchased a 1988 Nissan GQ Safari SWB Patrol. I have previously owned an Australian version of GQ Patrol Wagon and a GU Patrol. I have just been giving it a service as is my policy when buying a strange car. Having changed the engine oil & filters I checked the drive line oils. The manual gearbox appears to have engine oil in it as does the Transfer Case. I believe that this should be 80/90 gear oil but I don't have a service book to check. Also the rear diff should be a limited slip diff if my memory serves me but the oil in it doesn't smell like LSD oil. Would someone please confirm these points for me as I have never owned one of the older models before and they may be different.

Many Thanks and hello to all.
Haggis

Cuppa
8th July 2013, 06:30 PM
Och aye the noo Haggis. Didye no ken tha its po-lite tae introduce yesel afore askin' tha questions?
The info you seek is available, just type in oils in the search box, preferably after you've nicked over to the intro section & shook a few hands.

Cuppa

Pezzer
8th July 2013, 06:32 PM
Transfer case - API GL4-*1
Rear Diff standard type - API GL5-*1 / limited Slip type - Hypoid LSD (Nissan part KLD31-14002