PDA

View Full Version : Antonio from Angola

Antonio
6th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Hi,
I'm the proud owner of two Y-60's.
I live in Angola and the Patrol was really conceived for African roads.
We struggle to get original parts and when avaiable, from the official agent, they are very expensive.
Doing repairs on mine and other Patrols as skilled mechanics are scarce.
Now trying to repair 3.0 turbo ... spiting oil through piping works above turbo.???

Woof
6th July 2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome Antonio, just moved your introduction to here mate.........enjoy

Bloodyaussie
6th July 2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome aboard mate.................

AB
6th July 2013, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate!

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

riotpatrol
6th July 2013, 09:05 PM
Welcome mate,

riotpatrol
6th July 2013, 09:06 PM
It sounds like blow by maybe?

riotpatrol
6th July 2013, 09:07 PM
Is the oil feed leaking?

growler2058
6th July 2013, 09:08 PM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent by dealing with motorcrap

Drewboyaus
6th July 2013, 09:20 PM
G'day mate. Glad to have you around. Sure to find some good help on here....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

healy
6th July 2013, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Dhuck
7th July 2013, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
7th July 2013, 01:18 PM
Hello and welcome , Heaps of info and tips here for you.
Would fitting a catch can help or hinder ??

Antonio
7th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks to all that took the time the wellcome me !
I am rather hesitant to start to mess around with a 3.0 turbo that was brought to me because ... "it was leaking oil".
On opening the bonnet I found engine oil sprayed on the firewall from somewhere above the turbo.
A closer look revealed a "rather strange modification" as follows;
The hose connecting the head cover to the turbo air duct was disconected from the engine head cover and blocked/sealed with a ..... spark plug !!!!
An hose was connected to the outlet on the head cover and was hanging about with visible signs of having speewd, also, a lot of oil.
No wonder the engine oil level was dangerously low !!!!
The questions are why would anybody perform such modifications and what troubles am I facing with this engine?

trekster
7th July 2013, 10:01 PM
Hello and welcome,

If you can post a photo that would be your best bet for people to look at it.

Cheers,
Eric.

Antonio
8th July 2013, 06:38 AM
As suggested.

Antonio
8th July 2013, 07:02 AM
As sugested.

Antonio
8th July 2013, 07:13 AM
As sugested.

Timmo
10th July 2013, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy

Antonio
27th July 2013, 07:04 AM
The all issue is solved .... A few months ago the car was smoking badly and it was sent to a chinese workshop for repairs.
The owner was charged US $7.000.00 for the repair and the previous pictures show what solution was found by the said workshop.
Well enough said ... the car is back in the hands of the workshop and the lawyers were called in as the owner is very mad about the all issue.
I further notice that a lot of air and oil is blown out when opening the oil filler cap...I assume a valve sealer gave the ghost! Or can it be something else !

trekster
27th July 2013, 08:33 AM
We once had a car that had a broken ringland on one of the pistons, it would pressurise the sump and up into in the engine cover and blow oil out everywhere, possibility of the same in this case perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Antonio
29th July 2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks,
I will follow up this issue, at the request of the owner and friend, and report on this forum.
The owner wishes to make sure the car is repaired properly and that he is not, again, victim of another fraudelent repair.
Thanks for the input.

trekster
29th July 2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks,
I will follow up this issue, at the request of the owner and friend, and report on this forum.
The owner wishes to make sure the car is repaired properly and that he is not, again, victim of another fraudelent repair.
Thanks for the input.

A simple compression test would give you an idea, then if that is good you could pressure test the cooling system and see if there is something amiss there.

happygu
29th July 2013, 09:30 PM
Wow Antonio,
Certainly looks dodgy from here....

If the original repairers don't come to the party and you need parts, I'm sure we can point you in the right direction to get stuff from here.

Postage would be the killer though.

Mic

aj_vmax
29th July 2013, 09:32 PM
welcome lots of info here

trekster
29th July 2013, 10:34 PM
Forgot to mention you will need a compression gauge that can read high cylinder pressure.

Stropp
29th July 2013, 11:45 PM
Welcome along mate, enjoy your stay.

Antonio
30th July 2013, 08:43 AM
Many thanks Mic,
We get nothing but bad service and huge prices from most car dealers and factory representatives.
As an example an alternator sold by the Nissan dealership will set you back US $1.300.00 .... at the local people s market you buy a "no brand" unit for US $240.00.
We try to source spares from South Africa, Portugal or even Dubai.
But, I will keep you in mind ... and thank you once again.
Tony