PDA

View Full Version : Drowned my gq.

WHITEGQ
6th July 2013, 12:05 AM
Hi All,
This is my old GQ, happened back in March 2013, was at local beach fishing, when bloke came running up saying he was bogged and tide was coming in quickly. So went up to help, got him to take boat off trailer and unhook trailer, on 3rd try got him out, then I made the BIGGEST mistake of my life, I backed into get his boat trailer out. Water was only just hitting my front wheels, only sitting there for about 30 seconds while 2 blokes hooked trailer on, but it was 30 seconds to long.
We had 4 vehicles try to pull me out, all failed, this happened about 4-30 in the afternoon, the tide came in REALLY quickly. I got hold of a blokes number who had an excavator, he said he would come out at low tide, which was at 10-30pm, so I got the misses to come and pick me up and take us home to get my SWB. A mate and I went back and sat there and waited till low tide again, the bloke turned up with excavator and he pulled GQ out for me, it cost me $300 for him to pull me out which was a really good deal.

Bloke that I had saved said to me just before he left, "IF YOU NEED ANY CASH OR HELP, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL", SO GOT HIS NUMBER. Well gave him a call a few days later to ask for some cash, even if he only offered me the $300 would be good. But his only comment was that I could "GO F**K MYSELF". Well I never used to believe in kahma, but I have for a while now, so to this bloke I hope kahma gets him and gets him BAD. These pics were taken before high tide, at high tide all you could see was top of roof,roof rack and roof lights. Hi All,
Hopefully this bloke will get whats coming to him, I did get motor running, still ran really well, changed all oils within 2 days, stripped everything from inside, then spent 5 hours pressure washing the whole car, inside, outside, over, under everywhere. So far body has not shown signs of rusting, anymore than a normal GQ wagon. Tried to start engine a couple of days later, but wiring has started corroding, so nothing works, did a bit of hot wiring and got motor running again, BIG stuff up, didn't take for drive after changing all oils to circulate fresh oil through all bearings, so now I think G/box, transfer and both diffs are stuffed. So now I will just start stripping it and use it for spares for new GQ wagon I have bought, then going to do a practice doing a ute chop on it, if comes up good, then will one day do chop on new GQ. Have lived and learned, will still help anybody that needs help, anytime, anywhere, BUT will have good long hard look and think about how to help before jumping in like a bull at a gate.

So now my old trusty GQ is stuffed, I have bought another GQ wagon. Sorry for rambling on.
Attached Images
So here are some pic's of my new GQ wagon, this one has RB-30 motor, duel fuel all the normal bit, already planning EFI conversion, then later on turbo.

growler2058
6th July 2013, 12:24 AM
Mate frikn pisses me off to read your yarn
I'm sure karma will pay the $&@* a visit not even offering the $300 what a c!ck head

TPC
6th July 2013, 01:16 AM
That's f#$ked, the bloke should have payed for your GQ or at the very least the $300 for recovery.
I cant understand how some people can be such assholes, hope he does get his karma.
I have helped extract plenty of people bogged on beaches but will never drive in the water.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2013, 07:44 AM
Welcome back Jeff

Sorry 2 here of your drama's, that guy will get his back!!!!

Good to hear your already planing to convert the new GQ, don't forget a write up and pics when you do it :)

Parksy
6th July 2013, 07:46 AM
That's a massive shame about your patrol. Some people are just f¥cked but one day you will find him in the same predicament on the beach. That will be your day. ;)

AB
6th July 2013, 09:05 AM
What a bloody dog's act!!!!

Karma comes around mate!

taslucas
6th July 2013, 09:29 AM
Wow that is unbelievable mate!
All the best for the new patrol

so far so good on motorculture

Bloodyaussie
6th July 2013, 09:35 AM
Yeah a boat trailer is not worth the risk.... what the pricks number????

paulyg
6th July 2013, 09:42 AM
I truly believe what goes around comes around.
he will get his payback.

Clunk
6th July 2013, 01:56 PM
Did you get his rego number? Track him down and show him how karma works

Tapping on the Tab via MC

Lonicus
6th July 2013, 02:02 PM
Unbelievable. Good luck with your new rig mate!

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
6th July 2013, 02:08 PM
WOW how low an act is that, We should all pool our thoughts towards this guy, can't believe that .
THAT's UN AUSTRALIAN, Hope you get pics of his boat and 4x4 stuck at high tide for us to laugh at.
Hope you sort out you new ride, I've seen what salt does to wiring looms ,they are throw away.

paulyg
6th July 2013, 03:31 PM
Post up a pic or to of this guys rig,
If I see him stuck somewhere,
Need a tow mate, that will be $300 up front

Morton
8th July 2013, 06:46 PM
luckily not everyone in the community is like that, but there is always one

brw1994
8th July 2013, 10:48 PM
That's pathetic to be honest. I hope all turns out well for you mate.

Irish
9th July 2013, 07:44 PM
Still got his number? Write it on the wall of every public restroom you use in the next 6mths.

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 08:09 PM
Still got his number? Write it on the wall of every public restroom you use in the next 6mths.

He he he he....... post it all over the Internet! !

BigRAWesty
9th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Not cool.. you paid a hefty price so he can have his piece of shoit car, and they tells you that..

Where was this to mate. We can all help karma out a bit..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

WHITEGQ
11th July 2013, 11:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks to everybody for your comments and best wishes, unfortunately don't have his number anymore, the incident happened at a local beach in South Gippsland called Sandy Point, down at the Shallow Inlet beach.