PDA

View Full Version : Help support a good cause

NissanGQ4.2
5th July 2013, 03:51 PM
Readies 4x4 Motorsports
23 hours ago
Dear Sponsors

We need help for the Kids

Planning our event at Heathcote Park raceway I found out there was a sick child in the area.

Her dad was the captain of the Goornong fire brigade and was now working in the kitchen at heathcote park to make some money for the tablets that this little girl has to take every day.
Finding out this I then gave him all my major prizes to raffle off to raise money for his little girl , he was over the moon but then said that he would put it towards all the kids with the illness.
Together in just 3 days of planning we made it all happen and made $3500 for Cystic Fibrosis from the raffle prizes and the stickers I made for the pit crews, they had to buy the stickers to be able to drive their cars around and watch.

We had 45 winch challenge trucks racing and 200+ pit crews all with 4wds at the event. 1700 spectators came to watch just for the sat night and sunday morning .
We also had Clubs coming in to help out with the marshalling and also single marshals that came along to help out I gave them all of the prizes and T Shirts with the sponsors names on them.

Now this is is were it starts.

After running this event and i have run events like this for the last 10 years being involved in the 4wd motorsport from the age of two years old and growing up with my Dad being the Aus mud racing champion in the 80s and 90s
i soon then grew up in the same foot steps with race mud racing, outback challenges, vic winch challenge series, I have been involved in a lot in the 4wd area.

Losing my little girl at only one week old I then started putting my hard work into helping others with our first ever private challenge making $5000 for the Teddy Bear Love Club.

This is were you all come in.

After only 1 day of rest I'm planning to make more for the kids by building a car to head off to the W.A. ironman Winch Challenge which would now be the hardest 4wd Challenge in Aus, and then the outback challenge in 2014.
The car will need every thing from diff locks to lights , winches , tyres , rims , rope , fridges , suspension , H/D arms and steering , we need swags, cooking gear , clothing , fridges, tents and anything else that will help us on the way.

This is were the kids get it back.

With every dollar that is put into the car we will give back to the kids by raising the money as we plan to drive the car there, if we have time. and also cash donations along the way.
With every part that people give to us we will have a record on file and that money will be put back into the kids. I will be using my events as well to raise more money for the kids over the next year, and if we can not raise the total put into the car we will sell it bit by bit until all the money goes back to the kids with an online auction.

I hope to raise over $50,000 with your help and give it all back to the kids that need it the most.

We have got a site on Facebook Readies 4x4 Motorsport (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Readies-4x4-Motorsports/516612898373870?fref=ts) where we are asking people which kids need it the most, so we can put it towards that organisation.

I own a small 4wd workshop in Bendigo so I don't have a lot of money to put into the car, but I can build the car and make it all happen.
I plan to try my best to win any event we enter as I'm not too bad behind the steering wheel ether.

We only have 7 weeks to make this all come true and the car needs to be built from the ground up. it will be a GQ Nissan Patrol which i will supply and needs to be fitted with a Chevy or Diesel depending on what help we get in that area.

Please take into mind this is all for the kids and that I will push this as much as I can in the future with the people that get behind me from the start.

With only 7 weeks we need to get straight onto this.

Four wheel drivers are not just people that like going up the bush every weekend, we have hearts too and can do great things if we put our minds to it.

Please Help? and thank you for reading this email.

Kind Regards

Clint Read

Readies 4X4

Ph 0438400070

714 Barnadown Rd, Huntly Vic 3551

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2013, 03:57 PM
Do you have a pay pal account, I can transfer a cash donation of $20.00 to start you off.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2013, 05:20 PM
Hi Mick,

I have sent Clint a message on FB asking how we could donate money to his cause, still waiting on a reply but will post up the info here as soon as I get it.

Cheers

Todd