PDA

View Full Version : A little help please ?

Oddie1969
4th July 2013, 09:05 AM
There is a bulbar for sale near me for a series 4. I'm just wondering if it will fit mine which I think is a series 5 (Only just got it)

So it's this bulbar,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31172

on this car,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31164

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

MudRunnerTD
4th July 2013, 09:53 AM
Series 4 to current are Identical. View his car, if its the same shape then it will bolt straight on. The flares are the same.

The Series 3 is the last of the older shape.

Don't pay too much for that bud, a dime a dozen to be honest. If it was Stella then you will pay good money but plenty of people ripping them off to fit a decent bar.

The Alloy bar will provide you with very little added protection, in an animal strike like a Kangaroo you will still be rendered undrivable.

Go to your local ARB and see what they have lying about around the back.

How much does he want for it?

Oddie1969
4th July 2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks MudRunner. I'm really only wanting it to mount spotlights at the moment. Not planning on doing any driving where we might be hitting kangaroos at high speeds, nowhere we don't take our other cars without roobars anyway. He's asking $300 for it but it's still a bit of a drive from here so I will want it a bit cheaper to make it worth it for me.

Oddie1969
8th July 2013, 10:26 AM
Ok, so I ended up finding a reasonable priced steel bull bar not too far away from me. Genuine Nissan with a spot for a winch.
Much better than the alloy ones I was looking at. Thanks for the advice everyone.
I was very surprised at how easy it was to put on. After the initial assembly on Saturday night it only took about 2-2.5 hrs to fit by myself.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31376

Very happy with the result :clapping:

Drew
8th July 2013, 10:39 AM
Nice pic :)

Bigcol
8th July 2013, 12:10 PM
good on you mate, looks the goods

mind you, I had an Alloy bar on my GQ for 8 years while I had it........... only think I ever had "attack" me was a tree, on a very muddy track..........
Alloy are ok, irrespective of what many say.......

my other 4wds with steel bars, the score is like - 2 holdens, 3fords, a couple of commomwh0res, the odd wall
etc........

cheers

growler2058
8th July 2013, 12:17 PM
Agree alloy bars like from TJM are ok
Factory alloy is generally cheap n nasty and not very effective in an animal strike

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

growler2058
8th July 2013, 12:18 PM
In saying that I've smashed up factory steel quite convincingly and seen ARB bats bent enough to cause panel damage on sand

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

menace 2
8th July 2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks MudRunner. I'm really only wanting it to mount spotlights at the moment. Not planning on doing any driving where we might be hitting kangaroos at high speeds, nowhere we don't take our other cars without roobars anyway. He's asking $300 for it but it's still a bit of a drive from here so I will want it a bit cheaper to make it worth it for me.
where do you plan to use the spotlights ...??

Morton
8th July 2013, 06:52 PM
looks the good, better unit to

Oddie1969
8th July 2013, 11:08 PM
In saying that I've smashed up factory steel quite convincingly and seen ARB bats bent enough to cause panel damage on sand

Ha ha, that's a bit of a worry.

Oddie1969
8th July 2013, 11:12 PM
where do you plan to use the spotlights ...??

Probably just for highway travelling, on our way camping e.t.c.
Lots of long dark empty roads out here in W.A.

Clunk
8th July 2013, 11:23 PM
I have to say my old Irwin alloy bull bar took quite a beating before I finally laid it to rest........ Was a pretty damn solid unit for sure, quite heavy too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app