PDA

View Full Version : Is the forum ready for more RLI yarns!

PMC
3rd July 2013, 06:52 PM
G'day Lounge lizards!

I am contemplating of writing some more ripping yarns about my life's adventures! (Fark the last time i did this Patch retired. lol.)

I cannot help but use color language at times to describe certain situations, however if the members do not what me to write colorful stories, please advise!

PS, i await your verdict!

Regards, your humble servant!

RLI
:bowdown:

NissanGQ4.2
3rd July 2013, 06:59 PM
You know the rules mate and I'm sure you could tell us some rippin yarns without the fark work used 2 often, just remeber these symbols on the keyboard #%!#@$!@#$!@!

Cheers

Toddie

Bloodyaussie
3rd July 2013, 07:00 PM
Mate I am not fussed and dont mind mild swearing with the right bits blotted out %$£" .... Patch is the only one to have censored me mate?

Steve4wdin
3rd July 2013, 07:07 PM
Paul, would love another ripper of a yarn. Moderators are like fun police. I say, "If ya find it offensive, read mills and boon" Your sense of humour could make a manic depressive chuckle
Steve

Maxhead
3rd July 2013, 07:16 PM
Hey Paul, go for it I say. Most moderators are fine with a good write up, but you will find its too many precious members acting like little princesses having a whinge which will ruin a good story!

Farking GO for it!!!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Motorculture mobile app

NissanGQ4.2
3rd July 2013, 07:20 PM
There is nothing really fun about moderating Steve, the swear words are kept out for two reasons

1) Google rankings
2) We would like to keep it as a family friendly forum

I know a lot of people use there phones / tablets to view the forum, but me like others have there computers left open where kids can view it.

It does not offend me to see swear words but I respect the forum rules

growler2058
3rd July 2013, 07:23 PM
Your yarns are spun with Golden Fleece mate no problems this end digger But AB's the brass around here and he will no doubt advise ;)

Winnie
3rd July 2013, 08:00 PM
Farkin love reading a good old RLI yarn!

EDIT: Being that family friendly language is quite heavily moderated on the forum, why do we not have a swear filter??

P4trol
3rd July 2013, 08:27 PM
Because people find some fairly inventive ways around them.

Looking forward to the stories. Could some f#&*!n' exclamation marks be used instead?

NissanGQ4.2
3rd July 2013, 08:43 PM
EDIT: Being that family friendly language is quite heavily moderated on the forum, why do we not have a swear filter??

I believe because there is no swear filter currently available for this version of Vbulletin

NissanGQ4.2
3rd July 2013, 08:52 PM
Could some f#&*!n' exclamation marks be used instead?

That is fine, Google does not flag it when it is written like that

growler2058
3rd July 2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah Paul (RLI) you're a $&@$ hahahahahahahahaha

Maxhead
3rd July 2013, 09:01 PM
I believe because there is no swear filter currently available for this version of Vbulletin

Yeah right!! cough cough, f$&$#+t

growler2058
3rd July 2013, 09:03 PM

*+£€¥*#&$@""&&&@!??,.;;Knut

AB
3rd July 2013, 09:03 PM
My god I might need to create a dedicated forum for you mate....LMAO

As mentioned above just abbreviate the swearing if you can for both search engines and general users who have their computers in family rooms. I don't mind occasional swear words if in the right context of course but a story sounds crap when two paragraphs have 38 swear words in it.

Yarn up mate!

Winnie
3rd July 2013, 09:04 PM
bum wee tits

AB
3rd July 2013, 09:05 PM
I did find a swear filter but it can only change nominated keywords to ***** symbols which doesn't read right in a story.

So if I wanted to say Growler you fookn ship lips it would just read "Growler you **** **** ****"....Takes the fun out of it...lol

Bloodyaussie
3rd July 2013, 09:06 PM
bum wee tits

He he he he!!!!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
3rd July 2013, 09:12 PM

Feel free to point us a Vbulletin mod that does filter out swearwords beside the one that AB already knows about

Maxhead
3rd July 2013, 09:15 PM
Just because i think Todd is a ****** doesn't mean anything

Read into it what you like:)

Bloodyaussie
3rd July 2013, 09:17 PM
So Paul you are a big man and I think you get the jist of it........

AB
3rd July 2013, 09:19 PM
Just because i think Todd is a ****** doesn't mean anything

Read into it what you like:)

I can also change back what the original text was put in to see what the person actually wrote...

As per your post below you sly dog you.....

Just because i think Todd is a sexy hunk doesn't mean anything

Avo
3rd July 2013, 09:21 PM
SH!T this is not all what it's crack up to be,i'm familiar with family friendly, my computers in the loungroom,i just tell the deliquents to p!ssoff especially if there t!ts on the screen.

Maxhead
3rd July 2013, 09:25 PM
I can also change back what the original text was put in to see what the person actually wrote...

As per your post below you sly dog you.....

Smart arse, yes i know but most have read it differently and the clever ones read between the lines

nissannewby
3rd July 2013, 09:29 PM
bum wee tits

I reported you Winnie :p. You really gotta get ya shit together lol.

Winnie
3rd July 2013, 09:43 PM
I reported you Winnie :p. You really gotta get ya shit together lol.

Fark sake I'm a disgrace! Hahahahah.

Trying to use Motorculture

Stropp
3rd July 2013, 10:34 PM
Well for me I also have no firkin problem, I think it makes for interesting and funny reading!

jack
3rd July 2013, 10:42 PM
Hey Paul,
I think you got your answer, go for it. Still chuckle recalling some of your past stories, for f?!'j& sake don't get yourself banned.:smile:

93patrol
3rd July 2013, 11:22 PM
Bring it on cockerel. Love a good yarn

Guns don't kill people, people with mustachios kill people

P4trol
3rd July 2013, 11:31 PM
Where are these stories RLI? I just made a coffee, and am in the comfy lounge.

TPC
3rd July 2013, 11:48 PM
I thought we would have a yarn by now, guess it takes time to change the letters U & C to # & $, especially when you have to do it 500 times.
Hope you have something for us tomorrow.

growler2058
4th July 2013, 12:33 AM
I talk the FNQ's regularly in a daily basis and get told to tone it down cause the y work gen doesn't like my p'S n q's well phuk the lot of wm I'm pssd n happy G4t pharqued

NP99
4th July 2013, 02:18 AM
My god I might need to create a dedicated forum for you mate....LMAO

As mentioned above just abbreviate the swearing if you can for both search engines and general users who have their computers in family rooms. I don't mind occasional swear words if in the right context of course but a story sounds crap when two paragraphs have 38 swear words in it.

Yarn up mate!

Keep it to 37 to be on the safe side....

NP99
4th July 2013, 02:19 AM
bum wee tits

Shoosh, the adults are talking.

BigRAWesty
4th July 2013, 03:03 AM
Go for it Paul.. last yarn of yours my sides hurt so bad I had to sit down...

Love em. Bring on the farkin yarns..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Lonicus
4th July 2013, 02:30 PM
Love the yarns Paul, bring em on!!

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Steve4wdin
4th July 2013, 03:32 PM
So where the yarn PAUL, I didn't get in trouble from the fun police for nothing did I???? hahahahahahahahah Flocking h*ll mate.

Yendor
4th July 2013, 04:44 PM
Looks like he has been silenced..............lol

Hurry up mate, where's this yarn

NissanGQ4.2
4th July 2013, 05:19 PM
Holly Fark, RLI is spamming the intro section!!!!!!!!! quick someone ban him before he gets access to the manuals!!!!!!!!!!!

jack
4th July 2013, 05:23 PM
Holly Fark, RLI is spamming the intro section!!!!!!!!! quick someone ban him before he gets access to the manuals!!!!!!!!!!!

Just noticed that as well, he's practicing his keyboard stills for the coming 'yarns'

PMC
4th July 2013, 10:46 PM
Where are these stories RLI? I just made a coffee, and am in the comfy lounge.

Coming soon young Skywalker!

Regards,

RLI

P4trol
5th July 2013, 03:42 PM
*goes to make another coffee.