PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat Question TD42

Jimmyboyjr4
2nd July 2013, 05:17 PM
Ever since I've had my Maverick the thermostat barely moves about C maybe about 3mm or so today while going up a hill it got a rought a quarter of the gauge.

Earlier I took the lug of the thermostat on the engine to have a look and gave it a bit of a clean. Would this rise have been caused by the lower resistance it would have gone through? Or maybe are TD42 known to run fairly low temps?

Just wondering also whether it was recommended to change the brass thermostat plug as I know have a tendency to wear out over time and I am guess it has never been changed.

Col.T
2nd July 2013, 07:45 PM
G'day Jimmyboy
this is really only to say hullo because I don't think I can really help.
Had a TD42 for about 400K and never any probs with either running temp or the temp guage.
Normal was close to halfway on the guage. With a 2ton van on the back not much different except under real load when it went further but never ever more than say 3/4 of guage.
You'll have to wait for someone else who may have had probs. but in the mean time you MAY be able to arrange with a local mech. to measure the real temp when it's at normal operating range and try to relate that to the guage. My prob is that I don't know how else to tell if it's an under/over heated engine or a cactus guage. I'd be tempted to go for a crook guage.
Good luck mate
Col