PDA

View Full Version : GU ZD 30 Starting Issue - Anyone seen this before?

BillsGU
1st July 2013, 04:55 PM
When I start my GU on cold mornings it fires up OK but then it revs to about 3000 RPM for a couple of seconds and then returns to normal. The engine light comes on and stays on. It runs OK with no problems and does not do this again all day. Next morning it happens again.
I know it COULD be lots of things (such as a "sensor", the TPI, ECU, fuell pump - whatever).

What I would like to know is has anyone else had this happen and what did you do to fix it?

threedogs
1st July 2013, 05:24 PM
Never had it happen and first time I've read about it.

MEGOMONSTER
1st July 2013, 06:00 PM
Not on mine either but I'm only at 50k

Col.T
3rd July 2013, 07:00 PM
Bill,
sorry to be slow but when you say the engine light comes on, what light do you mean.
One of the lights indicates the engine computer is warning that there's a problem and you need to have someone (even a Nissan dealer) check the diagnostics. Had it myself a year ago and resulted in one of the engine sensors being replaced. Only trouble is I can't remember which light. It'll be in the manual or handbook though.
Good luck
Col

BillsGU
3rd July 2013, 11:01 PM
OK thanks Col. Are you saying you had the same problem with the engine revving on start up?

Col.T
5th July 2013, 06:29 PM
No mate but that light you're talking about has me intrigued
Col

BillsGU
22nd August 2013, 03:53 PM
Found the problem!! Turns out to be a failing battery. When starting, the voltage dropped so low that the ECUs supply voltage was too low. This caused the ECU to put out random, incorrect error codes. Replaced the battery and all is well.