PDA

View Full Version : Hi fellow forum members,

maverick57
1st July 2013, 11:28 AM
Hi guys and girls, just introducing myself as a new member. I recently acquired (yesterday) a 1998 GR (or at least that what it says when I Google TDSY61, but have also been told it is a GU. Maybe someone on here can help me with that.) Nissan Patrol Wagon. I was over the moon when it was offered to me for $2000 but has a blown head gasket which is something I hope I can get some help with on here. All help will be greatly appreciated...:049:

growler2058
1st July 2013, 11:31 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

taslucas
1st July 2013, 11:44 AM
Gday mate, welcome aboard. If your in Australia, it's a GU. The GU and GR are the same vehicle they only have slight cosmetic differences.

so far so good on motorculture

threedogs
1st July 2013, 01:27 PM
Hello and welcome after your rebuild you'll need to NAD the Motor, search Chaz yellowfoot on NADS and ZD30 motor in general.
Good pick up, jump in any time and enjoy, heaps of stuff here.

maverick57
1st July 2013, 01:29 PM
Hi taslucas, thanks very much for the info. I had a feeling that was the case but wasn't 100% sure. I picked up the GU pretty cheap because of the blown head gasket. There is no water in the sump. The GU still kicks over and runs but keeps losing water. The mechanic told the previous owner the water was going out the exhaust, but I'm trying to work out how it does that without some othe water going into the sump. Hpoing someone can help me with this problem before I buy the wrong parts. By the way, are you by chance in Tassie?

taslucas
1st July 2013, 01:44 PM
Hello and welcome after your rebuild you'll need to NAD the Motor, search Chaz yellowfoot on NADS and ZD30 motor in general.
Good pick up, jump in any time and enjoy, heaps of stuff here.

Is it a zd30?

taslucas
1st July 2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah mate I'm in the northwest of Tassie. The best part of the best island in the best country in the world:-)

maverick57
1st July 2013, 01:59 PM
I thought as much with a username like that. I am also tassie born and bred, from Queenstown originally. With you living in the North West U may know a friend of mine that is into 4wding and his name is Dion Bramich. He is also a fellow Ham Radio Operator. The motor in my GU is a RD28ETI.

taslucas
1st July 2013, 02:34 PM
I thought as much with a username like that. I am also tassie born and bred, from Queenstown originally. With you living in the North West U may know a friend of mine that is into 4wding and his name is Dion Bramich. He is also a fellow Ham Radio Operator. The motor in my GU is a RD28ETI.

The name rings a bell. What the hell is ham radio??haha
Your engine won't need the NADS done to it. Hopefully it's just a gasket and no other damage. Do you know under what circumstance it blew? Ie, overheated?
Id suggest no running it till it's fixed. Plenty if info here, just have a search using the little box in the top right of the screen.

Avo
1st July 2013, 04:16 PM
Welcome mate pull up a chair and enjoy,As you can already tell heaps of info and people to help out.
cheers

maverick57
1st July 2013, 05:21 PM
Taslucas, ham radio is another name for Amateur Radio. Bit different from UHF CB as 1 has to be licensed to use it. Well I have just inspected the exhaust and I don't think the mechanic knows what he's talking about cause after drilling a small hole in the end of the muffler at the bottom where water would be sitting if the mechanic says its blowing out the exhaust. Guess what...not a drop of water came out and when I opened the radiator when I picked it up it was still pressurised. I honestly don't think it blew a gasket. but will still get it checked anyway. I drove it on and off the car trailer without any problems, so have no ideas what the problem is if it actually has one.

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome 2 the forum

While I am no expect I believe it is what is know in Australia as a GU, overseas they a called GR

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out when they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Toddie

MEGOMONSTER
1st July 2013, 06:00 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
1st July 2013, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
1st July 2013, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Timmo
3rd July 2013, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum