PDA

View Full Version : 1992 tb42E TI patrol Fuel Problems 170k's to 75 Litres of fuel needs help

CmonSnipeMe
29th June 2013, 11:27 PM
Hi, I'm not a hoon, it hasn't got any load in it, cruises down highway about 95 k's an hour, smokes bluey white on petrol doesn't smoke on lpg, gets 290 k's to a 80litre tank of lpg and 170k's to a 75 litre tank of petrol. I've changed airflow meter and it runs great if it's on fuel at idle, only takes five minutes and it starts smogging up the joint with smoke. I need help, what do I look at changing next ??

NissanGQ4.2
30th June 2013, 06:56 AM
Hi mate, You might want to head over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself and ur rig, you may find more members willing to help out if they see you have posted up an intro

Sorry I can help with your problem but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out

Cheers

Toddie

AB
30th June 2013, 06:02 PM
Hey mate, have you checked the oil filler cap for milky residue in case coolant has mixed in?

Have a read of this thread below too which may help, the OP had similar issues and things to check...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?994-auto-tb42-radiator&highlight=blue+smoke+tb42

Hopefully someone can help you out with the fuel usage, could be a number of things such as valves, carby need reco, etc. They are not the most economical beasts but 170k's to 75 Litres is pretty bad.

CmonSnipeMe
30th June 2013, 09:00 PM
It has brand new head on it and it's not carby as i would have had the kit thru it. No milky residue, it does have a slight miss when runnning on fuel then when driving on gas the miss goes away after a little while and the smoke clears up. It hasn't lost any oil or water. I'm taking it to town next week so hopefully they can tell me what's going on.

Ben-e-boy
30th June 2013, 09:20 PM
I would try to get a hold of a vacuum gauge. They are commonly overlooked but are an excellent diagnostic tool for petrol engines and can give an accurate indication of engine health.
Here is a chart of what the different readings mean

CmonSnipeMe
26th July 2013, 12:18 AM
thanks to all that offered advice it was 2 bad injectors ! and stuffed automatic locking hubs now it's back to relatively good economy !

Pezzer
26th July 2013, 09:25 AM
That's made my mind up to keep the manual hubs and stay away from auto hubs.