PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

Carfixa
31st December 2010, 02:24 PM
I'm James, Based in Crib Point Victoria. I'm currently a patrol widow (insert baby here). Previous owner of two patrols, 4.2 carb dual fuel auto LWB, 4.2 diesel manual with some serious K's all original running gear LWB. But good news, our little boy is 9 months old and no angel... So wifey (soon to be) says we need some R&R and I need to put my new tent to some good use. So I tell her it's impossible to go anywhere due to the terribly inclement weather without the safety and security of a big tough touring rig. Thanks son...

On the hunt for manual LWB, minimum 4.2 or 4.5 petrol, GQ or GU. Not into hardcore track bashing just some touring and exploring with some good low range in the mix.

So until I find the weapon of choice I thought I'd check out the forums for good destinations and trips.

Mechanic, LPG technician by trade so happy to help along the way if I can.

patch697
31st December 2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome on board James, I have a mate with a 92/3 GQ TB42e for sale that might be just what your looking for so I PM you his details in the new year (He's only in Cranbourne north BTW).

There is plenty to read & a great bunch of ppl here so you'll have no problems fitting right in mate, & as for your offer of help...Please do so whenever you can as thats what this forum is really here for.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Cheers
Paul

Bob
31st December 2010, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Great mob here with lots of knowledge.
Victoria's High Country has some great Camping and exploring and most importantly Fishing.
Would reconmend that you have a look at Camping Guide to Victoria by Boiling Billy Publications. Should be able to pick up at most Camping Stores.
http://www.boilingbilly.com.au/store/index.shop

MQ MAD
31st December 2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome aboard,
Carfixa

YNOT
31st December 2010, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Carfixa, good to have another mechanic on board.

Tony

wildgu6
31st December 2010, 03:44 PM
Welcome to Trol town James,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..
Hope you find the rig your lookin for and back out there soon.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Have a safe new year buddy.

Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
31st December 2010, 06:58 PM
WELCOME ABOARED JAMES
i have a duel fuel 4.5 98gu auto running ok at the momment any comments on this will be accepted

cheers roofy

Woof
31st December 2010, 07:15 PM
Welcome James, enjoy the forum mate and all the best in finding your new Patrol.

Dhuck
31st December 2010, 07:22 PM
Welcome and hope you enjoy as I have so far in my short time here so far.

NissanGQ4.2
31st December 2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum James

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can, but you been a Mechanic, I'm sure we will be the ones asking the questions

Thanks for stopping past the members map thread and leaving your details, you have been mapped :)

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has too offer.

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
31st December 2010, 09:46 PM
"Bring the Troll around James" sorry couldn't help myself. Welcome to Nissans Nut House.

Tim

DX grunt
1st January 2011, 03:56 AM
G'day James.

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year.

Looking forward to experiencing your expertise and seeing pics of your truck.

Take care out there.

Ross
Dx grunt

Maxhead
1st January 2011, 04:13 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
2nd January 2011, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum James, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.