PDA

View Full Version : Another Patrol-nut...

Lambroast
30th December 2010, 10:05 PM
Hi all,

Just joined up so I thought I'd better say hi to everyone.....Hi everyone:smile:

Very part time enthusiest here. Bought my first 4wd about 3yrs ago. Needed something beefy for work and didn't want to spend a fortune, so ended up with my 92 GQ 4.2 petrol/Gas Ti wagon. It had about 297k on the clock, and now has 331k. For its age and km's it is in very good shape. After looking at about 15 vehicles all around my price range, when I saw her I knew 'she was the one' !

Had a few problems with it here and there, auto failure, ongoing annoying electrical stuff, and now suspension needs some attention, the clunk-o-meter reading is getting up there !

However, now I've changed jobs it doesn't get a beating any more and is the daily driver/weekend fun machine. Much rather drive it than the missus mazda 3....:)

Have decided instead of spending a bucketload on a newer model, to get into a bit of a rejuvination project and fix the little things that need doing. Bit of inspiration there from one of your Champion members Tony and his comprehensive Preventative maintainence posts.

Anyhows....Got a bit of reading to do, so once again Hi everyone and have a nice day.

Simon

Finly Owner
30th December 2010, 10:11 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Simon.
Glad to hear you'll keep a faithful Troll goin. Pleased that the forum has inspired you, and yes Tony is a great ambassador here(and mechanical advisor).

Tim

YNOT
30th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Simon.
Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Tony

Dhuck
30th December 2010, 10:18 PM
Welcome and hope you enjoy as I have so far in my short time here so far.

patch697
30th December 2010, 10:20 PM
Welcome on board Simon,

As you said mate there is plenty to read & a bunch of great ppl here to ask it you don't find an answer to a question you may have.

Feel free to join in & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
30th December 2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome Simon, enjoy the forum mate
Just realised that you are from the best state, check this out http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?73-Western-Patrol-Club-Inc

wildgu6
30th December 2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome to Trol town Simon,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
31st December 2010, 12:36 AM
G'day Simon.

Welcome to another Sandgroper on the eastern states based forum.

Don't forget to log in WA on this...... http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?969-The-what-state-do-you-live-in-Poll/page6

Take care out there.

Ross
Dx grunt

metty
31st December 2010, 01:39 AM
Welcome aboard Simon
Great to hear you are sticking to the Nissan.
Mazda 3....... Whats that????
You will pick up a lot of knowlege on this site buddy.

Cheers

Metty

AB
31st December 2010, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Simon, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

MQ MAD
31st December 2010, 08:33 AM
Welcome aboard ,Simon
Yes finding a good GQ is like a needle in a haystack,but we persurveer
And alas the needle is found

Sir Roofy
31st December 2010, 11:19 AM
welcome aboard mate and nothing wrong with 98 gu,s either

cheers roofy

Maxhead
31st December 2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome Simon, enjoy the forum mate

Lambroast
1st January 2011, 08:06 AM
Hiya all,

Thanks for the kind words. Feel all warm an fuzzy inside now ! I'm on a couple of other forums (with other interests) and I can safely say this forum has been the most welcoming by far.
Good to see!

Doggie: I've checked out the western patrol club site. Looks pretty cool. Never got into the 4x4 club scene, but I think I'll be checking it out soon !
DX: Logged in on the poll. WA looking strong !
Mettie: Mazda 3 is the missus shopping cart. fun to drive, but it ain't no patrol !!

Got some questions which I'll get around to posting. Working away at the moment with limited PC access, so I'll probably be at it a little more when I'm back in perth.

Off to bed now. Gotta love night shift...:(

P.S HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :)

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Simon

Great 2 hear of another GQ TI 4.2 on hear :)

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can

When you get a chance stop past the members map thread and post the location in Perth you and rig reside and i shall at you 2 our members map

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

big_fletch
1st January 2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, nothing quite like a night shift Haha.. enjoy the forum mate, looking forward to seeing some pics of your troll:smiley_thumbs_up:

Woof
1st January 2011, 09:07 PM
Hey Simon, mate I have to ask, why Lambroast as your forum namehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2011, 09:13 PM
Simon, start uploading, I need 2 see pics of ur Rig!

Lambroast
1st January 2011, 09:31 PM
Heya Dogman,

Lambroast is a name that came about through a drunken conversation on a camp/ski trip years ago about the riding characteristics of a mates wakeboard. One of those 'you had to be there' things I guess! It's just stuck around ever since.....Easy to remember for ppl too. I use it as my email as well.. Hopefully someday Sam Kekovitch(spelling?) might offer royaltties to use it in his 'Lamb roast rant' commercials..

Hi Todd, Im at work at the moment so don't have any pics available. I do FIFO in WA. Back home tuesday. I'll chuck some up sometime then.
It looks the same as your avatar pic. Blue over silver. At least I think its silver under that mud !
I think it may have a small lift kit, but otherwise just looks standard.
I think its in pretty good nick for it's age, barring a few bumps and sctratches in the paintwork. But on seeing some of the readers rides pics I may have to re-evaluate that description...:)

Cheers.
Simon

GQ UTE
1st January 2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome simon!
Enjoy the forum

Clunk
2nd January 2011, 01:17 AM
Welcome aboard, I've only been on here a short time myself but am finding it a very addictive and informative place to be...... oh and fun too