PDA

View Full Version : Rear bar (wheel carrier) 2005 GU Patrol

shakey55
25th June 2013, 10:17 PM
I am in the market for a rear bar (wheel carrier) or my 2005 GU Patrol. I've been looking and researching for some time.

Powerful 4x4 are a good price, but are they a tough product ?
kaymar are a tough product but on the expensive side.

I have been reading here about Raslarr Engineering and they appear good, and I have also been reading about Milweld Customs and they appear good.

Does anyone know of any engineering places in Sydney that do similar work to Raslarr & Milweld (which are in Vic) that are a tough product at a good price.

I'm just putting this out there.

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 10:28 PM
Probably wouldn't choose Powerful. There are at least 2 members here who haven't been happy with their rear bars.
Raslar seem good as do Milweld but the Milweld one can't have a jerry carrier/wheel carrier added at a later date where the Raslar one can.
Nisshead has one if the Raslar ones and he's very happy with it.
As for Sydney manufacturers, I can't add anything on that score.....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

oncedisturbed
25th June 2013, 10:45 PM
Kaymar are strong but the paint work is crap and the price is a joke (4k for 1 on my 2009 patrol) Strongarm apparently make a good bar but not sure if you can get them over east

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 11:00 PM
Kaymar are strong but the paint work is crap and the price is a joke (4k for 1 on my 2009 patrol) Strongarm apparently make a good bar but not sure if you can get them over east

Those Strongarm ones are very good but not much less than a Kaymar.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

TheLocksmith
25th June 2013, 11:29 PM
Milweld are next in line after Kaymar, so I am told? $2650

Kaymar bars are one piece and go the distance.$4375

I believe you pay for what you get. Supercheap do a snatch strap for $40, so in saying that every other strap above $40 is a ripoff?

There's no rushing off to the shops when your in the middle of nowhere and your equipment lets you down.

Just a thought?