PDA

View Full Version : sTABILIZER RELEASE MECH

Pezzer
25th June 2013, 06:46 PM
Is it worth removing the stabilizer release mechanism from the LWB and fitting it to THE SHORTY?:sterb003:

taslucas
25th June 2013, 06:50 PM
It depends if you use it i suppose. A lot of people remove their sway bars altogether (Illegal in most if not all states) and drive without too much difference. The factory sway bar disconnects are only good for up to 2" lift. Anything over that will be stretching them to their limit.

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2013, 07:03 PM
Na forget that, if it didn't come with one from factory don't fit it

Sent Via MC Hammer Time

Pezzer
25th June 2013, 07:17 PM
tHE SHORTY HAS ONLY A 2 INCH LIFT.

taslucas
25th June 2013, 07:25 PM
What are you hoping to get out of having the swaybar disconnect fitted to the shorty? A little more flex?
Is it worth the effort of changing it over for the minimal results?
Do you need that bit of extra flex for the terrain you drive?
Could more flex be gained by upgrading the springs?
Is it your daily driver and would you be concerned about legalities of removing the sway bar alltogether?

growler2058
25th June 2013, 07:30 PM
For the eff around to change it over I would instead go some manual releases
Understand you have a donor car but for the effort.........see if ya can flog it on evil bay

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2013, 07:34 PM
What are you hoping to get out of having the swaybar disconnect fitted to the shorty? A little more flex?
Is it worth the effort of changing it over for the minimal results?
Do you need that bit of extra flex for the terrain you drive?
Could more flex be gained by upgrading the springs?

I thought having sway bars connected gave if less flex when engaged and more flex when released, but won't give you more flex than what it has without sway bars fiited????????????

Is it your daily driver and would you be concerned about legalities of removing the sway bar alltogether?

I believe he is talking about removing it from a donor LWB GQ and putting it on his SWB Mav which I assume never had a quick release stabilizer

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2013, 07:36 PM
Does your Mav have Swaybars fitted???

taslucas
25th June 2013, 07:39 PM
I thought having sway bars connected gave if less flex when engaged and more flex when released, but won't give you more flex than what it has without sway bars fiited????????????

I believe he is talking about removing it from a donor LWB GQ and putting it on his SWB Mav which I assume never had a quick release stabilizer

yeah thats correct. Im saying if he was chasing more flex he could remove the sway bar altogether as has been done by a lot of people instead of fitting the swaybar disconnect lever to gain a little more flex than standard (when released)

Pezzer
25th June 2013, 09:18 PM
Yes I have sway bars and the rear is disconnected of which I will be reconnecting, do I have to change to longer eyes for the 2 inch lift?
Its really all about pulling with my shorty, had all the big lift 4x4 over that now.

Sanouske
26th June 2013, 05:44 PM
Prob for the ease of use its worth while swapping it over...how keen are you no the job haha

Pezzer
26th June 2013, 07:37 PM
Nah I going to leave it on the patrol.

GQ TANK
26th June 2013, 10:48 PM
If you have a bigger lift then two inch the link can be cut and extended - there a guy located in border town SA does then for around 80.

You can also remove the stabilizer factory release and fit standard pins - I think off road on ebay sells an adaptor bracket