PDA

View Full Version : Removal of intake manifold

rainman01
23rd June 2013, 05:17 PM
G'day all,
I am in the processing of trying to remove / replace my head gasket (hopefully not the head as well) and I am quite stuck at the intake manifold. The issue I am faced with is the bolts right in line and below the injector lines. Is it easier to remove the injector lines off the injector pump to get to the bolts or just 'work' around it somehow?

If anyone has any advice on this, or indeed, the rest of the work that I have to do to get to the head gasket then I would be truly grateful. I'm trying to learn to do this on my own and not pay someone else a couple of $k to do it for me.

I have a 2002 GU III ZD30 donk.

Thank you all in advance...

Cheers,
Andrew

paulyg
23rd June 2013, 05:37 PM
The injector lines have to come off, once you have them off, the manifold is not to hard to remove, be Shure not to get any crap in the lines or pump.
It will also be a good time to remove all the gunk in the manifold.

rainman01
23rd June 2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks Paulyg....I'll get cracking on with it tomorrow. Any advice for the rest of the break down by any chance, or indeed, the put back together?

paulyg
24th June 2013, 06:22 PM
sorry for the late reply, can't help with the rest,
but make Shure you use a torque wrench to do up the bolts, there an alloy head so easy to strip those threads.

rainman01
24th June 2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks heaps for the advice mate, just went out and brought one :-) I'll let you know how I go in the end, this could be an interesting journey....

paulyg
24th June 2013, 08:43 PM
Good luck, take your time and you will be okay.