PDA

View Full Version : Fuel doctor

oddkid82
23rd June 2013, 10:46 AM
Hey fellas, has anyone used fuel doctor in their zd30 as a fuel additive. I used it in my d40 navara it seemed to work well. I have just bought a zd30 and wondering if you guys like it.

Parksy
23rd June 2013, 10:51 AM
Ive used fuel doctor in my tb42e. I thought it worked well too. Engine ran and started better while using it.

TheLocksmith
23rd June 2013, 11:03 AM
I was told all these additives just clag everything up. If you have to use them, do but if you don't just leave them alone?

Hodge
23rd June 2013, 11:16 AM
I use flash lube diesel conditioner every second tank. Works a treat. Quietens the motor down a bit she just runs smoother.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

june
23rd June 2013, 05:35 PM
i have used it over many years. I even rang up their help line as how much to use and will it do damage. apart from a shock treatment of this stuff I then used it every tank so many mm per litre. I did not notice any real advantages but I did not have any problems either. in the end I just got slack in buying it and putting it in every tank. have not used it for several years now and troll still running fine. now I just put a injector cleaner [full bottle in] every 10,000kms

NP99
24th June 2013, 12:39 AM
I used it but couldn't tell much of a difference. I think it has a plesebo effect :)

timbar
24th June 2013, 12:43 AM
I had a carbon clean on my old Diesel and my consumption want from 480km to the tank to almost 700km I was impressed

kevin07
24th June 2013, 09:19 AM
ive been using chemtech without noticing anything different I was led to believe that its to condition the the fuel like a pre emptive strike against algae and such. if anyone has been using the nulon one I would like to hear about it as I can get 20 litre drum for $140 a lot cheaper than the chemtech and fuel doctor.

Col.T
24th June 2013, 07:32 PM
Welcome Oddie,
If you type in FUEL ADDITIVES in the search panel at the top of the page you'll find hours and hours of fun reading.
I used the Castrol 2T oil for quite a while but can't say if the results were really noticeable but I guess you'd have to look at that over a long, long time frame.
Good reading,
Col