PDA

View Full Version : Briggs and Stratton Service Parts

AB
23rd June 2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Blokes, yep lazy Sunday and I cannot be bothered searching the internet...lol

I want to do the first service on the ride on mower myself rather than pay someone.

Do you think Bunnings would sell Briggs and Stratton fuel, oil and air filters or do I need to go to proper mower place?

Not much else open today around my area apart from Repco and Autobarn which most likely wouldn't have it????

I figure the members on this forum would know more about what Bunnings sell than the Bunnings staff...lol

BigRAWesty
23rd June 2013, 09:04 AM
Doubt it mate.. I think there spares range would end at blades and oil..
I'd be trying a mower place which deals with B&S or the net.

What are you needing? If its oils, spark plugs and filters I'd try the auto places.. you never know Ay..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

growler2058
23rd June 2013, 09:05 AM
Buy a Honda!

TheLocksmith
23rd June 2013, 09:06 AM
I myself have not done this but hear stories up the pub.

AB
23rd June 2013, 09:07 AM
Buy a Honda!

Go eat some chilli and throw a bag of sand down your mouth....lol

Yeah I know, curse this country hick area I'll try Repco and AB anyway....LMAO

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2013, 09:08 AM
Bunnings will have all you need mate

growler2058
23rd June 2013, 09:12 AM
Go eat some chilli and throw a bag of sand down your mouth....lol

Yeah I know, curse this country hick area I'll try Repco and AB anyway....LMAO

I did! Had chilli lime metwurst cooked with eggs and Persian feta on toast for brekkie

taslucas
23rd June 2013, 09:27 AM
I did! Had chilli lime metwurst cooked with eggs and Persian feta on toast for brekkie

snags, egg and cheese on toast doesnt have to sound that fancy, youre trying to hard!

In my area AB, neither repco or autobarn would have mower accessories but no doubt you guys have bigger stores

BigRAWesty
23rd June 2013, 09:36 AM
what ya chasing?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

growler2058
23rd June 2013, 09:37 AM
snags, egg and cheese on toast doesnt have to sound that fancy, youre trying to hard!

In my area AB, neither repco or autobarn would have mower accessories but no doubt you guys have bigger stores

Im just eating all the good stuff so the house sitter doesn't get it

And another successful hijack bwahahahahahahaha

taslucas
23rd June 2013, 09:39 AM
And another successful hijack bwahahahahahahaha

seamless...............

nissannewby
23rd June 2013, 09:43 AM
Some Supercheap stores carry this sort of stuff might be worth a look in.

AB
23rd June 2013, 12:06 PM
Bunnings is useless.

I drove to the next town which has a mower store....job done!

My engine model doesn't have an oil filter...wtf???

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2013, 12:36 PM
If I were alive earlier I would have told you they are useless for this sort of stuff...... the last time I actually put my ride on in a shop as I was taking holidays and thought what the hell I will get someone else to do it the bill came to $700 $%$£$$£%!!!!!!!!!!!

I get my stuff online now and do all my own work..

Never run Bunnings brand oils in either your 4 or 2 stroke engines.. 2 strokes I use motorcycle oil and not the cheap stuff but in the end its cheap insurance!!

BigRAWesty
23rd June 2013, 12:56 PM
Bunnings is useless.

Nope, they run the pickup slightly higher than most. Mine doesn't either. But that's why they ask you to change it every 10 hours..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
23rd June 2013, 12:59 PM
Bunnings is useless.

Phukin briggs

AB
23rd June 2013, 06:23 PM
If I were alive earlier I would have told you they are useless for this sort of stuff...... the last time I actually put my ride on in a shop as I was taking holidays and thought what the hell I will get someone else to do it the bill came to $700 $%$£$$£%!!!!!!!!!!!

I get my stuff online now and do all my own work..

Never run Bunnings brand oils in either your 4 or 2 stroke engines.. 2 strokes I use motorcycle oil and not the cheap stuff but in the end its cheap insurance!!

Yeah mate I hear ya!

$50 in genuine filters an oils, an hour of time job done!!!

Not hard really and probably saved a couple of hundy!

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2013, 07:23 PM
I have become an expert at my Torro with a 17hp Briggs and a 44 inch deck which in some ways saves me time on jobs but with 3 blades is a lot more complex to work on and costs more for repairs..

Last job out I did not realise the deck dropped down to the lowest setting and seized up the centre bearing, pisses me off as I only replaced all the bearings in the deck about 15 hours ago.

After the shop charged me a fortune the first time I found so many stuff ups so knew I could only trust myself to work on it... plus while I am fixing one thing I pick up on other little things that might need attention.

I charge a much higher rate for using the ride on and some people say why its so easy you just sit on your ass and in no time the job is done??? bloody idiots!!!

NP99
24th June 2013, 09:06 AM
Ride on mowers are bloody dear for what they are! I learnt a lot keeping mine going.......

Sanouske
26th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Prob worth while just going to a lawn mower joint. Bunnings are pretty useless at times. Pending the person...

growler2058
26th June 2013, 05:44 PM
Just lash out and buy a bloody Honda