PDA

View Full Version : GU ute price difference (Coil vs. Leaf)

patrol_maverick
22nd June 2013, 07:12 PM
I plan on selling one of my GQ's to update to either a GU ute, or a D22 Navara.
I'm interested to hear peoples opinions/ facts on the price difference between the coil and leaf models. I've never researched the topic in depth, however I know that the coily's tend to sell for a higher price, but the question is how much higher on average? 50% higher? 100% higher?
I've heard of leafy's go as low as $8-10k, and coily's go as high as $30k+

The question I'm seeking an answer for is this- Example: If 2 identical GU utes are parked side by side (Engine/ colour/ year model/ km's/ condition, etc) the only difference being coil or leaf rear end, what would be an expected average price differance between the 2?

Also please note I will be buying it for another project. The end result will be coils all round regardless of purchase (GU or D22), so I have not interest in discussing ride comfort of leafy's.

93patrol
22nd June 2013, 09:26 PM
I believe the coils would be more expensive because leafs are considered (no offense) poverty packs in the car markets but they will carry more weight than a coil ute without sagging

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

nissannewby
22nd June 2013, 09:55 PM
Leafs will always be a DX. So no extras like electric windows central locking, drum rear brakes etc etc. On another forum you have said you are gonna convert to coil anyway? Also as others have said they do come up at reasonable prices, so be patient and save yourself a lot of work.

I wouldn't bother with the navara if a coil gu ute is the other option.

patrol_maverick
23rd June 2013, 10:56 AM
Also as others have said they do come up at reasonable prices, so be patient and save yourself a lot of work.

I wouldn't bother with the navara if a coil gu ute is the other option.
Ok I'll be blunt, I have a coil chassis etc laying around. If I buy a leafy and swap the chassis's etc do I stand to make much profit for resale? I don't want to sound greedy but the idea was to make a few extra dollars to help fund other projects. The next project will be a D22 SAS anyway as I already have a set of GU diffs to go under one. The GU would be for short term use, whereas the Navara I want to build & keep for the long term. So is the GU idea going to get me more funds, or will I skip it and go straight for the Navara?

nissannewby
23rd June 2013, 11:25 AM
Straight for the navara.

growler2058
23rd June 2013, 12:03 PM
Straight for the navara.

X2........

patrol_maverick
23rd June 2013, 06:26 PM
Straight for the navara.

Perfect. All I needed to know.