PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle performance

Wtf_mate_lol
22nd June 2013, 04:17 PM
G'day all

Just curious about what performance I should be expecting from my ZD30. I have a Roo Systems chip and exhaust and tiapan xp air to air tig welded intercooler. It has definatelybetter made overtaking a lot easier... although the it still only seems to get to 130 while overtaking a truck it gets there quicker. It has made a difference accelerating on sloped roads but when I'm foot flat up a decent slope it still goes backwards or 100km/h (in fifth gear haven't tested in fourth) but was expecting more. .. I know it's no Commodore or even a CRD at that but I was just curious if this was normal?

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2013, 06:09 PM
Nah mate I reckon that sounds bloody reasonable out of a 4 cylinder Turbo Diesel without common rail technology especially considering your GU weighs in around 2.8t is over 1.8m high in standard trim and is a big brick.

130! Happy days mate! At least 20kms over the speed limit on the best road and that will certainly get you past any traffic you have to deal with.

I'd be happy with those numbers mate.

Mikees
10th July 2013, 02:01 AM
Mine does 90kw at the rear wheels and 777nm torque - from the dyno. TaipanXP pipe, tweaked chip, boost control, cross country 4x4 intrcooler but standard air cleaner running through a snorkel. Goes great. The CRDs don't go any better - same output as the DI on paper. You can always put it on a dyno at a respected tuner and see if there's anything left in the tank. Maybe look at an LS conversion if you want bucket of power.

MEGOMONSTER
10th July 2013, 07:21 AM
You could remove the front diff , transfer case, roof rack, bullbar, should get you 2 extra kw's.

All figures sound about right to me.

threedogs
10th July 2013, 07:32 AM
Agree with most if its power you want then the 4.8 maybe what your after.
Would be great if someone else was picking up the fuel tab too

v8 performance
19th July 2013, 09:12 PM
I have a 2008 gu CRD and it has an ARE intercooler bigger bonnet scoop , 3 inch stainless exhaust, Supercar performance chip and on the dyno did 112kw and 640 nm at the rear wheels.made so much difference with towing and it also has 4 different maps to choose from by switching between them.