PDA

View Full Version : power steering

toorakdave
22nd June 2013, 03:16 PM
Hi I keep loosing oil from my power steering it seems to leak even when parked It's a 1992 GQ patrol?
Regards Dave

Col.T
24th June 2013, 07:41 PM
Hi Dave,
not getting much response there are you. Maybe you've invented a new problem?
Never had trouble with 2 models over about 500K myself so don't have a clue.
Losing fluid is one thing but where from is possibly more important. If there's a heap of old oil/grot over the engine bay it may pay you to clean the lot up then follow the lines and try to find the leak. It would be rare to have fluid transferring to another dimension without a trace.
Find the joint/seal/whatever that's leaking and your problem may become clearer.
Good luck,
Col

happygu
24th June 2013, 07:47 PM
Toorak,

Can you see the source of the leak?

Look for damp/oily spots, and if it is leaking fast, then the source should easy to find.

Mic

toorakdave
25th June 2013, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the replies pump needs replacing!!

88GQwithlift
29th June 2013, 10:33 AM
ive got a tb42 one here only 3months old...

Avo
30th June 2013, 03:16 PM
Just hopped underneath my car and there's oil kleaking to.Bad real bad.looks like I have a problem to.This is the only problem when I do go to use it I find all these problems that didn't exist the last time I looked there.

BigRAWesty
30th June 2013, 05:41 PM
Just check the top hoses onto the pump.. there only hose clamps and the hose does go soft. Might just need the end trimmed off and re clamped.. all I did to mine and its been good since..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)