PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be here

gmoneeeee
21st June 2013, 09:52 PM
Howdy,

I am an American living in southern Spain. I picked up a 1991 Spanish RD28. It is nothing special but I love it. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade but when it comes to cars my knowledge is very limited. I am excited to have found this forum because we don't have Patrols in the states and my Spanish isn't efficient enough to scour their forums and have a decent conversation. I hope you guys don't mind an intruder but I look forward to getting some info and someday being able to contribute. As of right now I am about to try and change my alternator today but I can't find the damn belt tensioner or whatever it is I need to do to loosen the belts off the pulley. I already have what I assume is the correct manual and the only thing I have found is how to dismantle the whole alternator. Haha I guess the normal auto mechanic world anticipates someone to know more than I do. Either way, happy to be here. Cheers.

AB
21st June 2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, no probs at all!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Clunk
21st June 2013, 10:54 PM
Gday mate and welcome aboard..... Always good to have another international member, so Joun in and get amongst it.

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

TheLocksmith
22nd June 2013, 06:35 AM
Welcome and don't feel bad your American :) LOL
My wife is Spanish so if you need s hand to translate?

I found going through Google translater the best.

Surfed all the Russian forums and could read everything.

The site below was in Russian but with google turned English

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://dnd.fractalla.ru/articles/nissan_patrol/info.shtml&usg=ALkJrhjd7Io2cud9-Qp2wgpKjR8ZFK3J_g

growler2058
22nd June 2013, 06:35 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Dhuck
22nd June 2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

happygu
22nd June 2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome aboard, and i hope that you have some fun in your Patrol

Mic

Bloodyaussie
22nd June 2013, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard mate. .......

MEGOMONSTER
22nd June 2013, 02:18 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

firm351
22nd June 2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome mate, bloody good forum this one.

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2013, 06:21 PM
Welcome mate, your not an intruder at all! We have heaps of international members! Was talking to a bloke in Kazakstan yesterday ;)

Plenty of good info here and also a complete manual for your car when you get to 25 posts.

Have fun bud

Timmo
23rd June 2013, 10:40 AM
welcome to the forum Buddy

GrumpyOldFart
23rd June 2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. Dig and you will find...if not ask!
Dru

gmoneeeee
25th June 2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I managed to get the alternator swapped out. Works like a charm. I do need to tweak the belts a bit to cut down on some squeaking, or at least I hope that is all. The belt tensioner was an interesting design being both the mounting bolt for the bottom half and the tensioner in one. I had to take it all off to understand how the heck it was supposed to come in and out. None the less a 2 hour success and my first foray into fishing around my beasts innards!

threedogs
25th June 2013, 05:05 PM
Hello and welcome most of my mates are LAME or AME. Feel your pain. lol
Jump in and enjoy

Ian2011
25th June 2013, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the site mate