PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust modifications

kevin07
20th June 2013, 11:11 AM
thought I would start a thread so we can all explain our exhaust mods in one place starting with eg mine is 07 wagon crd auto then putting what exhaust you put on and what performance increases if any and any issues that it has caused. so year of car, motor crd ,di ,2.8or 4.2 turbo or not
I put a buedesert 2.75 on mine I got an increase in power better for towing my boost stayed same 14psi maximum just boosts a bit quicker and you can here and feel how the turbo has freed up. egts are about 100c lower. now post away if you like.kev

Steve4wdin
20th June 2013, 04:19 PM
Kev, Is this a gloating thread? come on I'll race ya. hahahahaha 3ltcrd
Steve

patrolmq
20th June 2013, 05:32 PM
SWB patrol MQ 3.3D - stock 2" exhaust, removed the single muffler and replaced with a 2.5" dia/9" long hot dog off ebay. Sounds awesome, with a nice crackle, more like a sporty petrol straight 6 exhaust note with a rattley diesel at the front! Not quite as good as my SD33T with no exhaust though!! (not on the road by the way!).

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2013, 07:17 PM
I run a mandrel bent 3" system on the GQ from MTQ. Great pipe. It came with a Hiflow muffler that I ran for 4 years.ast year I had it cut out and a straight piece of 3" in its place. It made No difference to the power.!!!

Oh My God! It sounds INSANE Now!! Love it! Love it! Love it!

nissannewby
20th June 2013, 10:33 PM
td42 3" stainless straight through bolted to aftermarket turbo pushing 25 psi sounds better than mudrunners :p

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2013, 10:37 PM
3" stainless straight through bolted to aftermarket turbo pushing 25 psi sounds better than mudrunners :p

Far car!!!! ;)

Alitis007
20th June 2013, 11:10 PM
3" stainless straight through bolted to aftermarket turbo pushing 25 psi sounds better than mudrunners :p

I'll believe it when i hear it !! Lol

kevin07
21st June 2013, 01:02 AM
Kev, Is this a gloating thread? come on I'll race ya. hahahahaha
Steve

nah no gloating stevo imagine if you could have read everyones exhaust mods in the one place and seen all the pro and cons of each exhaust would you have purchased that 3" baby or gone the no problem 2.75 I already know what you would say so put it on here for others who are thinking of doing the exhaust mod, there no need for brand names just the size is important.

kevin07
21st June 2013, 01:05 AM

we need what size motor you have as well please.

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2013, 09:16 AM

2.8 ;) :devilred:

nissannewby
21st June 2013, 10:28 AM

Fixed :) all sweet

Ben-e-boy
21st June 2013, 10:39 AM
3 inch mandrel bent no muffler, td42. Turbo.
Sounds better than nissannewby's

Winnie
21st June 2013, 10:44 AM
3 inch straight through TD42 turbo, sounds better than Benny's.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Ben-e-boy
21st June 2013, 10:51 AM
3 inch straight through TD42 turbo, sounds better than Benny's.

That may be true but yours couldn't pull the skin off a custard, mine will pull te factory it is made in lol

Winnie
21st June 2013, 11:01 AM
If it can pull a 60 series up a hill then it can't be too bad! Haha I'd love to have your power...

patrolmq
21st June 2013, 02:51 PM
well at least no-ones sounds better than mine yet :tease:

Winnie
21st June 2013, 02:52 PM
Nah Darrens sounds better than yours so that means mats, Benny's and mine sound better to, LMAO!

dads tractor
22nd June 2013, 12:58 PM
1999 td4.2t Ute with straight through with resonator .(Full system ie dump to tail) 3" very pleased with the pickup in driveability and power delivery. Small ? did you use all of beaudeserts brackets if so can I have some photos as I have the rubber mounted one left over .

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2013, 03:13 PM
Nah Darrens sounds better than yours so that means mats, Benny's and mine sound better to, LMAO!

Yet the GQ is a Myth and has no sound! Noone has heard it bounce off the mountain at 3am despooling from 4500rpm!! Bliss! Symphony of sound!

BigRAWesty
22nd June 2013, 04:32 PM
SWB patrol MQ 3.3D - stock 2" exhaust, removed the single muffler and replaced with a 2.5" dia/9" long hot dog off ebay. Sounds awesome, with a nice crackle, more like a sporty petrol straight 6 exhaust note with a rattley diesel at the front! Not quite as good as my SD33T with no exhaust though!! (not on the road by the way!).

So how loud is it really? Cop magnet?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bambill
23rd June 2013, 02:41 PM
TD42T, larger turbo and 36ish psi boost.
3.5" exhaust from back of turbo with a straight through type muffler.
Reasonably quite, in fact quiter than most. Picked around 100-150rpm in spool time getting to full boost from the 3" I had.

Marty

nissannewby
23rd June 2013, 10:25 PM
Show off..... One day Ill get there. Maybe a built donk and compound setup like diesel tecs 55psi monster :D

Bambill
24th June 2013, 09:59 AM
Show off..... One day Ill get there. Maybe a built donk and compound setup like diesel tecs 55psi monster :D

LOL, yeh sorry was a bit.
If it helps, I put a 3.5" exhaust on another ute the other day with a UFI 18g and DC pump with the same kind of results. He also reports a slight drop in EGT's aswell which is interesting.

Marty

patrolmq
24th June 2013, 10:08 AM
So how loud is it really? Cop magnet?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

If I floor it, it resonates at a certain rpm, which is probably a bit too loud. But being a 1981 vehicle, I believe I get an extra 5dB allowance on the volume of the exhaust, so it might actually pass the EPA test which is at a certain rpm unloaded. It's more the sound it makes which is awesome (IMO!!).

Besides, I have it on a club rego and probably only drive it once every 3 weeks, which, touch wood, hopefully means I can avoid the fuzz. My daily is a V8 Falcon, which also sounds good!