PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 High beam symbol on dash stays on when flick off high beams

AB
18th June 2013, 09:08 PM
No biggie but I've noticed on the work car 2000 ZD30 when I flick the high beams off the high beam symbol on the dash stays on and won't come off until I stop and restart the car again.

Even flicking the lights doesn't take off the symbol. As I said, really no big deal but just wondering if there is an easy fix/check to this issue?

The damn seat belt symbol flickers as well but a quick check on the forum suggests It's a common problem with the GU's.

NissanGQ4.2
18th June 2013, 09:10 PM
Tell your work to buy a real nissan patrol, like a GQ *LMAO*

P.S: sorry for the hijack

Yendor
22nd June 2013, 05:34 PM
They should of bought a yota.......lol

I would start by checking the main body earths. Does the vehicle have driving lights fitted?

AB
23rd June 2013, 08:01 AM
They should of bought a yota.......lol

I would start by checking the main body earths. Does the vehicle have driving lights fitted?

Hey Rod, cheers mate, nah It's stock as a rock....

I'll check out the earths today mate, It's no biggie but It's annoying as you think your blinding people on high beams all the time...lol

Conradk
5th July 2013, 10:58 PM
As a matter of curiosity, did you manage to solve the problem?

AB
5th July 2013, 11:07 PM
As a matter of curiosity, did you manage to solve the problem?

I haven't had a chance to check it out mate. I was actually going to look this weekend but the issue has seemed to have gone away but I'll still check out this weekend and let you know if you want.

NP99
5th July 2013, 11:25 PM
Normally the high beam stays on when you have a dodgy headlight connector. Mine stayed on during low beam, so fiddled with the headlight connectors and problem fixed!

Yendor
7th July 2013, 03:47 PM
Normally the high beam stays on when you have a dodgy headlight connector. Mine stayed on during low beam, so fiddled with the headlight connectors and problem fixed!

Yeah that's what it would normally be, the connector for the LHS headlight or an earthing problem at the LHS headlight.

But AB has to "stop and restart the car". So it sounds like it could be something different.

Any joy yet AB?

threedogs
7th July 2013, 04:09 PM
Seeing as a lot of issues are earth related on the GQ and GU.
Would it be possible to have a "STICKY" if that's the term on their position,
other than the battery I'm at a loss or are they spaced to earth different sections of the Patrol

AB
7th July 2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah that's what it would normally be, the connector for the LHS headlight or an earthing problem at the LHS headlight.

But AB has to "stop and restart the car". So it sounds like it could be something different.

Any joy yet AB?

Sorry mate I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but it's seemed to have stopped now and all working fine.

Damn I'm lazy...lol