PDA

View Full Version : RD28 Starting issues

Gerry
17th June 2013, 01:24 PM
Im having a bit of a problem when I start my GU RD28 in the morning. It seems to start OK but after about 10 seconds at rattly noise starts and goes away after about half a minute, might be one of the injector getting air in it but im not sure. Anybody had a similar problem?

Ian2011
18th June 2013, 09:25 PM
Never had that problem when I had a 2.8 in mine, I think the easiest way to check if its an injector would be to crack each injector line and see if the noise returns, it could also be that the injector is dribbling and it takes a little time to build up pressure in the injector, again cracking each line should help you isolate it. How old are the injectors, could also be that the oil pump might be getting a bit tired. Without hearing, it would be hard to give an accurate diagnosis. When I had a 2.8 in mine my starting issues began with the fuel pump and got steadily worse from there.

Gerry
25th June 2013, 01:13 PM
Seems to be something to do with the injectors might have to get them out and have the serviced? What have you put in yours now?

Ian2011
25th June 2013, 08:12 PM
Chevy 6.5, expensive but haven't regretted it yet. Sure puts the willies up people at intersections when they think that they can pull out in front of some old 4wd and then I am right there on top of them.

Ian2011
25th June 2013, 08:14 PM
Don't want to buy a consult interface do you, I have one for sale in the parts for sale section that I no longer require

Gerry
3rd August 2013, 10:58 AM
Put in some reconditioned injectors in and it starts and runs sweet now