PDA

View Full Version : Remote not working

threedogs
16th June 2013, 11:26 AM
Any ideas why remote not working this is 2nd one as first failed because rubber broke and water got in. Ive changed the remote battery , even went through the ritual of re learning the remote. My hazard lights are working as per manual, Might need to try another battery 1620 from memory.

Sir Roofy
16th June 2013, 01:03 PM
just use the key as normal it,ll do your head in mate

Tonks
16th June 2013, 01:11 PM
Any ideas why remote not working this is 2nd one as first failed because rubber broke and water got in. Ive changed the remote battery , even went through the ritual of re learning the remote. My hazard lights are working as per manual, Might need to try another battery 1620 from memory.
3D, Just had the same issues with mine,

Opened the remote, sprayed with WD40 and replaced with a new 3volt 1620,

All good now.

threedogs
16th June 2013, 01:24 PM
Did simlar I used a small paint brush dipped in wd40, then gently bent the pos tabs up slightly,
Put it all back together and working again. I think it failed from being squashed every now and then when stting on it.
All good now Happy little camper. Thanks for imput guys

threedogs
17th June 2013, 11:46 AM
Still not working, I've ordered new batteries.
But open to any ideas again

Tonks
2nd August 2013, 07:55 AM
3D, Just had the same issues with mine,

Opened the remote, sprayed with WD40 and replaced with a new 3volt 1620,

All good now.

It worked for a while, but now it only unlocks the car and will not lock it,

ANY IDEAS,

Cheers Tonks

threedogs
2nd August 2013, 08:11 AM
I brought about 20 x 1620 batteries for $1.00, as I said and remote worked fine, now it's not working again. boo hoo
However I did find after having the heater on and I like it hot, when the remote was hot the remote worked. yeah
That tells me maybe all those batteries are U/S, Will try another battery today and see how long it works. MMMmmm

TPC
2nd August 2013, 08:45 AM
I brought about 20 x 1620 batteries for $1.00, as I said and remote worked fine, now it's not working again. boo hoo
However I did find after having the heater on and I like it hot, when the remote was hot the remote worked. yeah
That tells me maybe all those batteries are U/S, Will try another battery today and see how long it works. MMMmmm

I have bought dodgy batteries from ebay before, I think if they are really cheap there is a reason.

Mav
1st September 2013, 08:48 PM
It worked for a while, but now it only unlocks the car and will not lock it,

ANY IDEAS,

Cheers Tonks

Any result on this mate?

Mine has started doing the exact same thing today, will unlock but wont lock the car:icon_bonk:

stumpie
8th September 2013, 09:11 AM
I think you will find that the remote has a short circuit which in turn will flatten the battery [battery will last about 3 or 4 days then dead ] check the switches they should pop back up approax 1 mm.

Hodge
8th September 2013, 09:24 AM
TD, this may sound dumb, but do you have any phone towers near you ? At work we have a tower on one end of the yard, and everyone who parks on that end has issues with their car remote. Believe it or not, including my patrol. If i parked within 30m of it, 90% of the time it won't work. Because of this, we call it the brain-fry car park.

Tonks
8th September 2013, 10:30 AM
Hi Mav no idea as yet .
Any result on this mate?

Mine has started doing the exact same thing today, will unlock but wont lock the car:icon_bonk:

threedogs
8th September 2013, 10:52 AM
@ Hodge, No towers near by but I think from my keys getting jammed in the seat{lounge} on occasions I feel it drains the battery by keeping it pressed on.
I've had no further problems since leaving my keys on kitchen bench, that's all I can think off.
Go hold a flouro light tube above your head and watch it glow lol

Hodge
8th September 2013, 11:20 AM
@ Hodge,
Go hold a flouro light tube above your head and watch it glow lol

Considering I work on the hv towerlines anyway, the phone tower in the yard is the least of my issues... lol

Tonks
8th September 2013, 11:59 AM
Battery is fine,
Both remotes only unlock and will not lock,
Who knows ?
I think you will find that the remote has a short circuit which in turn will flatten the battery [battery will last about 3 or 4 days then dead ] check the switches they should pop back up approax 1 mm.

mudski
9th September 2013, 04:01 PM
Just by an aftermarket remote kit and be done with it John. Takes a whole 1/2 hour tops to fit and your guaranteed it will work. Bought my Warlock kit from JB's for $79 or there abouts and its all good.

threedogs
9th September 2013, 05:43 PM
Nah alls good only battery with my remote

mudski
9th September 2013, 06:06 PM
Nah alls good only battery with my remote
Yeah until next time...

Yendor
9th September 2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah until next time...

So you haven't had any problems with your after market system?

mudski
9th September 2013, 06:23 PM
Not one bit mate. Well, the only problem is the buttons on the remote stick out just that little bit too far so when in range I have to be careful I don't unlock the car accidentally. Other than that. Was a real easy fix, wired in to the existing control box bulkhead too. Then sold my dud control box and remote on Ebay for $50!!! Guy knew it was a dud but he reckons he could fix it so he took it, I took his 50, my new Warlock system cost even less.

Yendor
9th September 2013, 08:42 PM
Not one bit mate. Well, the only problem is the buttons on the remote stick out just that little bit too far so when in range I have to be careful I don't unlock the car accidentally. Other than that. Was a real easy fix, wired in to the existing control box bulkhead too. Then sold my dud control box and remote on Ebay for $50!!! Guy knew it was a dud but he reckons he could fix it so he took it, I took his 50, my new Warlock system cost even less.

Must be one of the lucky ones then :wink:

Tonks
11th September 2013, 09:00 AM
Any ideas how much a new remote from nissan is ?