PDA

View Full Version : What a boyfriend does for his girl

ggGosling
29th December 2010, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

I am new to Patrols full stop. My beautiful girl has a 1997/8 GQ Ti which she has used to tow horse floats, caravan, trailer, etc etc. She dreams of a new 3.0 diseasil (yes I know that is spelt incorrectly). But as the new man in her life I am trying to keep her on the road safe and sound.

I've fixed a few minor issues, like some spot rust in the roof, put on a Hayman Reece tow kit and some new rubber. The biggest challenge was a new radiator but it wasn't as bad as I thought. After paying a good mechanic, lol.

The next trick is how do I fix her side mirror. It vibrates badly and a quick look suggests something has broken inside. I can see that the glass is still in tact but I cant see if there is a broken mount. Does anyone know the trick to removing the glass or the housing without breaking the glass?

I see from the treads here that you are a very helpful lot and I'm looking forward to contributing when I know something of value.

I did learn how to replace the stereo system with a new Pioneer and how to take out the two amps and rewire it. I'll go look and see if anyone needs some help there.
Cheers
GG

nedoleboy
29th December 2010, 04:25 PM
gday gg

im only new here myself and have been searching for info.my mirrors are electric and the glass was loose inside.their is a screw underneath the mirror which i tightened and glass is now reasonably stable(enough to get thru rego b4 coming loose again probably).ned

DX grunt
29th December 2010, 04:26 PM
G'day GG.

Welcome to the forum. What State do you live in? There's plenty of help just around the corner.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

wildgu6
29th December 2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome to Trol town GG,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..
Some of the resident members should be able to help with your prob's. Try posting the Q in mechanical discussion section, or body paint & trim section you might get the answers your after.
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do......lol

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

patch697
29th December 2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cant help with your question but there will be someone who can.

Woof
29th December 2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome GG, enjoy the forum mate

MQ MAD
29th December 2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome aboard

OH what a man does for his love
Dats Sweet

YNOT
29th December 2010, 08:45 PM
gday gg

im only new here myself and have been searching for info.my mirrors are electric and the glass was loose inside.their is a screw underneath the mirror which i tightened and glass is now reasonably stable(enough to get thru rego b4 coming loose again probably).ned

Welcome to the forum GG.

Ned has the right idea. If you look up underneath the mirror you will see a hole in the centre of the housing. There is a philips head screw hidden up the that secures the mirror mechanism into the housing.

Tony

Bigrig
29th December 2010, 09:01 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Plenty of useful information, heaps of great people and a good laugh to be had on the forum, so feel free to get amongst the conversations!!!

NissanGQ4.2
29th December 2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome 2 the forum GG,

Great bunch of guys n girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

When u get a chance can u drop past the members map thread and leave ur location so i can add u 2 the map

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
29th December 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Dhuck
29th December 2010, 11:27 PM
Welcome and hope you enjoy as I have so far in my short time here so far.

WoffoDave
12th November 2011, 12:15 PM
GG,
hope you have it sorted by now but I recently had the same problem on my 92 Y60. Yep the screw is accessed through the bottom of the housing. If it keeps coming loose, take the glass out and check the mount hasn't split at the screw bed (like mine did). If you need to replace the whole unit (like me) pay careful attention to the wiring and don't get the base model instead of the facelift model (like me), 3 pins don't fit into 5 holes...

Good luck