PDA

View Full Version : 2000 gu

Shorty73
15th June 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi all am new obviously have purchased my first nissan patrol I have 2000 gu st 3ltr .... .. And love it .....have read a lot of bad about this model .....so hopefully can find out some good about it .... Am looking forward to reading all forums and learning what I need to know ..

happygu
15th June 2013, 10:44 PM
Hi Shortly,

Welcome aboard .....

Fill us in with some more details and we will all try our best to help.

The 2000 model was one of the reported problem years, but i know of some with heaps of kilometres on them.

Mic

Shorty73
15th June 2013, 10:55 PM
Well I bought it in January had the engine rebuilt by the seller as it started of with a few problems and one mechanic made it a lot worse so basically have a brand new engine I have been told ... Put in a turbo timer .... Am about to replace suspension ... And look forward to do some travelling ... But have done some research and now wanting to find out what necessary gauges I should install to make sure I get the most out of it

Nvd323
15th June 2013, 11:02 PM
hi shorty welcome to forum mate. Enjoy ya new Patrol mate dont worry to much about engine probs as long as your aware of them and look after her it should b fine :)

happygu
15th June 2013, 11:11 PM
Well I bought it in January had the engine rebuilt by the seller as it started of with a few problems and one mechanic made it a lot worse so basically have a brand new engine I have been told ... Put in a turbo timer .... Am about to replace suspension ... And look forward to do some travelling ... But have done some research and now wanting to find out what necessary gauges I should install to make sure I get the most out of it

Shortly,

Great news that have the rebuilt engine, as this should keep you motoring along for a long while....

I would install Boost and Exhaust Temp Gauges, if you are going to head that way.

I am not a huge fan of turbo timers, so I would get rid of that, but that is me.

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2013, 11:25 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
16th June 2013, 07:06 AM
welcome to the forum mate.

AB
16th June 2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
16th June 2013, 09:11 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
16th June 2013, 09:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum
Heaps of tips and info,'jump in and enjoy

DX grunt
16th June 2013, 09:24 AM
G'day Shorty.

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Where you from?

Take care out there.

Rossco

Timmo
16th June 2013, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the Forum.........

sba1230
16th June 2013, 10:27 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum

Bloodyaussie
17th June 2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome aboard mate..................

GrumpyOldFart
20th June 2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. Dig and you will find...if not ask!
Dru