PDA

View Full Version : I went and saw a man about a key today!

trekster
15th June 2013, 09:30 PM
‘’The Keyman’’: Legend has it that a Lithuanian tightrope walker-Jonas Slovenski-hand made this statue in memory to his maker. He came to this forest looking for solitude in the 1960’s and earned himself a reputation as a fearless axeman, mostly because he worked in the nude- wearing nothing but a pair of gumboots. When he wasn’t cutting timber he exercised his balancing skills on cables stretched high above the trees. Local 4wders started hanging old keys on the statue, and so the name stuck.

A few of you have probably been/heard of the keyman, for those who haven't here are some pictures :)

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2013, 09:45 PM
how bizarre!!

mudnut
15th June 2013, 09:59 PM
Glad he's not called the "Thong Man". That is a fantastic story. Where is this place?

trekster
15th June 2013, 10:05 PM
Glad he's not called the "Thong Man". That is a fantastic story. Where is this place?

The Keyman is located 43kms North of Coffs Harbour, NSW in the Yuraygir National Park.

trekster
15th June 2013, 10:07 PM
It is a very weird place to make a statue, You come down the hill to the gate and stop, walk over a small creek which looks like it would really fill up with some rain, and up the hill slightly and to the side is this statue? The only thing that I really noticed was the peace and quiet :D except for the kids making a noise hahaha

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 11:05 PM
I want to chop things in the nude...?

trekster
15th June 2013, 11:06 PM
I want to chop things in the nude...?

You drive a GQ so you've already been chopped :P

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2013, 11:27 PM
I wonder if he has the car and house keys I lost 10 years ago

growler2058
16th June 2013, 06:13 AM
Don't rekin he was that good if an axe man
He's only got 4 fingers!!!!! Oops

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

macca
16th June 2013, 07:37 AM
I had seen him, but couldn't remember where. Thanks for the jog of the memory it was 5 years ago...