PDA

View Full Version : mangimup 15000

sporter
15th June 2013, 04:19 PM
thought id treat the family to something a bit different last weekend, rather than camping an fishing we decided to head over to mangimup for the 15000 motocross.
as this trip is 150klm of roo infested road i decided to take the patrol rather than the misses commodore. bout half way there the kids had fallen back to sleep momentarerly before getting woken up to that familiour sound of roo hitting bull bar, this was quite a resonable size roo that hit to the drivers side of the bar, i was quite surprised at how well the alloy bar handled the hit considering i hit it at 110 , cant say the same for my narva spotties that im sure only the tail of the roo hit or my steering damper that also came off second best .I do have two possitives about the day , the family loved the motocross racing an secondly.....lucky we werent in the missus commodore .

AB
15th June 2013, 04:31 PM
I hit a kangaroo at 90km in a Camry. Totally destroyed the car and it flew over the roof thankfully not through the windscreen.

Glad the family is ok mate!

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 04:32 PM
Glad you and your family are ok.. seen some crappy things happen to people when hitting roos in mid hop.

And yes your wifes dunny door would not have held up nor your family been as safe.

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2013, 05:18 PM
Lucky mate.

Time for an insurance claim I reckon! The Alloy factory bars are outrageously expensive and you might find your insurance forking out for an ARB Deluxe Steel Winch Bar with driving lights and all and a Brand new set of Narvas for you. Those Narvas you had on there were the HID Narvas I think? Sure that's what you were running ;)

Happy days.

Woof
15th June 2013, 07:14 PM
110 kph for 150ks of known infested kangaroo country with the family does not make much sense to me, I would have slowed down a bit mate, happy that no one was hurt.

Avo
16th June 2013, 12:28 AM
I live down here and on my road we don't travel over 70km/h unless we need some roasdkill for the dinner next night.Roo's pigs cows and if your unlucky you can clean up a deer.if you come down this way again call me up and we'll accomadate you and ya family.beautiful country mate i'll show you around a bit

Avo
16th June 2013, 12:34 AM
my last off road excursion.all ok but them trees come at you pretty quick.

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 12:45 AM
my last off road excursion.all ok but them trees come at you pretty quick.

Mate, it's just a scratch.
Solid impact. Glad you walked outta that one.