PDA

View Full Version : Repaired bullbar

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2013, 03:10 PM
A mate of mine found this bar for his Mitsubishi Pajero and he's sitting on the fence on whether to buy it or not, so I thought I'll get some comments for the men in the know.
Here's the link: http://bit.ly/17Nwgw8

threedogs
15th June 2013, 03:31 PM
Looks a bit rough in the middle pic where is was repaired. I'd look elsewhere.
Hanging around with Paj owners now. lol
Is your mates Paj airbag compatible

happygu
15th June 2013, 03:45 PM
I'm sure your mate can do a little better than this one, as alloy bars are normally cheaper second hand than steel.

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2013, 03:51 PM
Looks a bit rough in the middle pic where is was repaired. I'd look elsewhere.
Hanging around with Paj owners now. lol
Is your mates Paj airbag compatible

It has come off the same car, model and year as his and is air bag compatible.
He doesn't want to spend money on this car, as he estimates a 5 year term for this car before he upgrades.
He knows there's damage but the price out weighs the damage.
I guess the question would be do we think the integrity of the bar is still intact.

threedogs
15th June 2013, 03:58 PM
Kallen would have a better idea , but its been repaired ,off an airbag 4x4.
Nah I'd be looking elsewhere, as repair could impaired deployment of bag.
It might not ,it might , I wouldn't take a chance on safety

BigRAWesty
15th June 2013, 04:04 PM
Tough call with just the pics. I'd be asking for some detailed pics of the inside of the damaged area. Just to be sure its not a cut and shut job.. I looks to be touched with a grinder the way the paint reflection is warped.

Imo a pretty armature repair job, but the price is there.

I personally wouldn't, but if he's keen get some more pics of the repairs, inside and out..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 04:44 PM
Looks shit and for a bar that does nothing than hold an aerial and some lights I would leave it.

Everytime you look at it you will see the imperfections.... not like its a GQ and bumps like that are character?

MEGOMONSTER
17th June 2013, 09:16 PM
After letting my mate read your responses he had declared that he doesn't want it any more.
Thanks for your input.
MODS. THREAD CLOSED.