PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here

NatureGeeq
15th June 2013, 12:53 AM
Hi All, I am new to the forum thingy so bear with me please. Just got myself back into a proper 4wd recently after spending a few years in an all wheel drive subaru wagon due to budget constraints. Now in a TD42 89 GQ wagon.
Didnt have much of a preference regarding make or model when i started looking, just wanted something not too expensive to run and maintain and plenty of room for packing the kids and camping gear in to get them out into this great land of ours :D

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2013, 06:18 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

By the way nice Suzie Q.

growler2058
15th June 2013, 08:29 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
15th June 2013, 08:39 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forum, heaps of GQ freaks here with plenty of
tips and info as well, jump in anytime and enjoy

Drewboyaus
15th June 2013, 08:48 AM
Welcome mate....
Nice rig! GQ's Rock!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Dhuck
15th June 2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
15th June 2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome aboard mate.................

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2013, 10:41 AM
You didn't have much of a preference but ended up with a 1988 GQ TD42!! Hell yeah you did!

The Perfect car mate. Good buy. Plan to put a turbo on it and then you have happy days forever!

Welcome here

BigRAWesty
15th June 2013, 10:59 AM
Yea welcome mate. What a buy. Very neat.. best model ever built. Well second only to the turbo model...
Keep it well maintained mate and it'll last forever.. mine has nearly half a million on it.. still runs like new..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NatureGeeq
15th June 2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes people. ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

DX grunt
15th June 2013, 11:27 AM
G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us. Plenty of South Aussies on here to wheel with.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Timmo
15th June 2013, 01:56 PM
welcomto the forum

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2013, 03:55 PM
Welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out when they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

sba1230
15th June 2013, 05:35 PM
Welcome mate

NatureGeeq
16th June 2013, 09:55 AM
So I guess I should tell you all a bit more about myself and my rig, have only owned it for about a month, when I started looking I considered I had 2 options, spend a bit on a car (6 or 8k) which would mainly be to get my kids around on the weekends and times they spend with me and 12 to 15 on an adventure bike as my main form of transport or shelve my bike plans for now and spend more on a car in better condition. I found this one locally through a mate who knew the bloke that owned it and how fussy he was. When I heard about the list of accessories on it and saw the condition it was in I pretty much decided I had to have it. Has 2"lift, ARB air lockers front and rear, black widow drawers, cargo barrier, long ranger fuel tank, snorkel, extractors aswell as upgraded suspension and other bits underneath. 350k on the clock sounded reasonable for its age out of the diesel so I decided it would be a good investment in getting wherever I wanted to go :). The roof rack is borrowed from a mate until I get one of my own. The only things I need to sort for it is whether or how much I can improve the fuel consumption and to get a manual for it for the time being. Fuel usage has been around 14. 5L to the 100 km with the roof rack on and as low as 12.6L to the 100 km without. I am thinking these figures are probably pretty reasonable but would like to know if there is anything I can do to improve it further?
Cheers. Phil
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
16th June 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking those fuel figures are pretty damn good mate........ Someone else may have a better idea.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase

Tapped out on the phone MC

Woof
19th June 2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, Naracoorte is a great place, I lived there for 12 months a few years ago..................maybe more than a few years ago, more like 30..

mudnut
19th June 2013, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, mate. Nice Q, will get you anywhere.