PDA

View Full Version : My old mans 83 tomorrow.

macca
14th June 2013, 09:43 PM
Yep he still gets about in his campervan he built, loves an excuse for a whisky after a beer or a few.
We are heading for a 6 week outback adventure in a month, he is ready, bring it on!.
His prostate is a bit dicky, one eye had a cataract done 6 weeks ago, the other one on Monday. But the tickers still pumpin, the ass is pointing down and the lungs shiftin oxygen. Every days a good one for the old bloke.
Happy Birthday Old Mate

Avo
14th June 2013, 09:45 PM
Good times shall be had by you all.Give him a hug from from the west side.Wish hi9m happy b'day from us to.

growler2058
14th June 2013, 09:46 PM
Count me in...................raisin a g;ass to the young fella ..........................NOW :)

NissanGQ4.2
14th June 2013, 09:46 PM
Happy bur-day 2 you old man for 2morrow Ian

Where's the out back adventure taking you and your old man?

mudnut
14th June 2013, 09:48 PM
Good on him. A true representative of the tough generation. Happy birthday, Macca's Dad.

macca
14th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Thank you guys, he was going to Demark to visit my brother, when I said an outback trip is on.

Anne Beadell, Canning Stock Route, Tanami & Plenty /Donahue... Bugger that 20 planes a day go to Europe there is only one Patrol heading west with a spare seat this year...

He really enjoys the great open spaces. Did his 1st trip 3 years ago, now has the bug.

Lonicus
14th June 2013, 09:55 PM
Great stuff mate, sounds like he's having a ball. All the best to him for tomorrow!

Cuppa
14th June 2013, 10:03 PM
He's doin' well. Just approaching 56 & my prostate's getting a bit dicky & I had cataract ops on both eyes when I was only 51. He's a lucky bugger, wish it was me filling that spare seat. Have a great time together, it's pretty special to get to spend time with your old man like that. Happy birthday Mr Macca senior.

Cuppa

macca
15th June 2013, 09:18 AM
Cheers Cuppa,
Reckon I could fill a few spare seats!
The reality is he is at the last part of his life with us, could go on another 20 years who knows? So we do our best to make sure he has a good time.
Last year he did a tandem parachute jump, he said he was Whisky brave when he agreed to go with my brother and his granddaughter. Wouldn't do it again!!!
He is still getting around without any troubles, and enjoys camping. He has a Tourer tent that he pitches and strikes on his own while I do other stuff around camp.
Really can not get over how good the outback is, he wishes he move over here with us 20 years ago. Reckoned he would have been always on the road having a shooftee.

AB
15th June 2013, 09:22 AM
Good news mate and wish your old man a happy birthday from the forum!!!