PDA

View Full Version : My Patrol loves me

dads tractor
14th June 2013, 10:26 AM
Have just fitted a Beaudesert 3" straight through with a resonator to my 1999 tray and the pick up in driveability is fantastic. The wallet is demanding a redundancy payment and the engine loves that free breathing so it pulls better .spins up sooner. And overall is a different beast to drive .Money well spent :animierte-smilies-t

Cuppa
14th June 2013, 11:22 AM
Good to hear. I'm coming around to the idea for mine.

Cuppa

dads tractor
14th June 2013, 11:52 AM
The fitting is pretty straight forward just be sure to spray all the bolts a couple of times before taking the old system off .You will need to take off the rear heat shield to access the dump pipe (6) studs and it took 2hrs to fit old off new on . How's it better before you fit the new one find a flat straight and coast down to 40k in 4th and mark out the run and ease back upto 60 or 80k then try that with the new system then you will feel the difference .Also find a good hill and check what gear and tacho reading you have and compare.The beaudesert mob say there will be a 10 to12% increase in power and I can't argue with that .from there wed site FAQ What kinds of increases can I expect by fitting one of your exhaust systems?
Our average customer feedback indicates a power increase of approximately 10-12% and an increase to fuel economy by up to 12% (depending on how the vehicle is driven and what it is being used for).
Go for it Cuppa you'll love it .