PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

moseyroc
13th June 2013, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone, just joined to see if anyones heading up to the cape from brissy in august. We leave brissy 23rd July & keen to see if anyone else will be up around cooktown about the 29th/30th August, were doing OTT by ourselves in a , ahem, cruiser, but am keen to see if anyone else will be up there around that time. I grew up in bamaga 1979-1984 so am keen to have a good look around when were up. We have 5 weeks from the 23rd. My old man is frantically going through old contacts/photos/letters/vidoes etc to help out with exploration LOL, not sure how he'll go but you never know he might tap into some cool old school local knowledge, cheers guys!!

MEGOMONSTER
13th June 2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
13th June 2013, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

growler2058
14th June 2013, 05:49 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Tonks
14th June 2013, 06:45 AM
G'Day moseyroc, welcome to the forum,
We are heading up that way at the end of June to do the OTT as well, can't wait,
Enjoy it.

Dhuck
14th June 2013, 07:23 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
14th June 2013, 08:37 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum, plenty of tips and info here,
jump in anytime and enjoy.
I did the Tip in '83 remember the frozen steaks from the Bamaga
supermarket fondly, fried them up on the banks of the Jardine
South bound, oohhhh Yeah

Nvd323
14th June 2013, 09:46 AM
Welcome mate couldn't find a nicer bunch of people on forum. Lots of great info aswel!

Hughies_online
14th June 2013, 02:35 PM
Hi. Nice to meet you!

Timmo
14th June 2013, 03:45 PM
welcome to the forum

moseyroc
14th June 2013, 09:03 PM
Ha! I remember my parents parking there landy in what was called skull creek then (80'S) to wash there boat every so often, I think its Logans creek now, us kids would go nuts watching the tourists come through after crossing the Jardine, you were probably one them threedogs! There wasn't alot that came through I know that much. Heard today the gov is gonna seal the development road & put a bridge over the jardine, what a shame

PMC
14th June 2013, 11:33 PM
G'day mate,

Welcome to this great forum and i hope you enjoy the ride!

Regards,

RLI