PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Thank You

tonejack0
29th December 2010, 08:29 AM
Hello everyone, I joined a couple of weeks ago, But have spent a lot of time reading what people have listed for nearly a year, since my engine melted number two piston, and it's been a great help to me.
I contacted Nissan uk and in their letter they said they did not know about a problem
with the 3L tdi engine, but I gather from the blogs it is well known to you all.
I live in Dover in the UK and have had this 2001 Patrol for about 7 years, and I loved it, until last year anyway.
I've had the engine, head & turbo rebuilt professionally and refitted it myself, but it still has some issues so the job goes on.

Thanks to you all for what you have listed.

Dhuck
29th December 2010, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am sure there are ppl here that can help you out to solve the issues sorted.

NissanGQ4.2
29th December 2010, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can

Throw your questions up in the correct threads and i'm sure some other members will be able 2 assist you in sorting those other issues out

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

wildgu6
29th December 2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome to Trol town tj,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..
Meltdown in #2 cylinder, sounds like the Aussie cricket team.....lol.
Glad your gettin it sorted buddy, good work.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you and the family are having a safe & merry xmas.

Cheers Pete

MQ MAD
29th December 2010, 12:15 PM
Welcome aboard

Nissan admitting a problem with the early ZD30,nah never happen
Anyway great its running again
Good luck

DX grunt
29th December 2010, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
29th December 2010, 04:42 PM
Welcome on board & thanks for the kind words, we all try our best to make this forum what it is & we are all quite proud of what we have achieved so far.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
29th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome Tonejack0, enjoy the forum mate, any questions you have just ask and hopefully between us all we can assist you.

Finly Owner
29th December 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Maxhead
30th December 2010, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
30th December 2010, 04:31 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Plenty of useful information, heaps of great people and a good laugh to be had also on the forum, so make sure you get amongst it and feel free to join in the conversations. Don't forget to throw a couple of happy snaps up in the members ride section of your rig - we never get bored of seeing them!!!

tonejack0
1st January 2011, 02:23 AM
Hi all, now that I’ve found how to navigate back to this page. Thanks for all the welcome messages, it does make one welcome, I still have trouble with my Patrol so when I can find the right threads I’ll post about it, I’m sure some of you will know what it is, It’s been a long slow job what with working and the cold weather over here. Anyway that’s the serious part over, we are coming out to Aussie in a couple of weeks for a holiday, last time I was there 35 years ago you had bash a Pommie week in Sydney, so it was running and hiding in the doorways, maybe not a good time to come now after you guys are now freaked out about the cricket,

Clunk
1st January 2011, 02:38 AM
Surely every week is bash a pommie week??????!!!!!!!
Which part are you coming to visit mate?

Maxhead
1st January 2011, 02:52 AM
Hi all, now that I’ve found how to navigate back to this page. Thanks for all the welcome messages, it does make one welcome, I still have trouble with my Patrol so when I can find the right threads I’ll post about it, I’m sure some of you will know what it is, It’s been a long slow job what with working and the cold weather over here. Anyway that’s the serious part over, we are coming out to Aussie in a couple of weeks for a holiday, last time I was there 35 years ago you had bash a Pommie week in Sydney, so it was running and hiding in the doorways, maybe not a good time to come now after you guys are now freaked out about the cricket,

Hey Pom, great to hear you enjoy this forum. The cricket is another story..... you can post your feelings in the CRICKET thread(piss off....lolo you deserve the series!)http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2103-Cricket&highlight=cricket

Sorry to hear about your 3.0 l motor....they had a tendersy of melting 3rd or 4 th piston in the early years ( 2000-2003). They have since come good and you can enjoy your ride. Now that you have rebuild it, enjoy and you wont regret it at all mate

Drive it hard as diesels should be!!!

tonejack0
2nd January 2011, 01:58 AM
Hello clunk71 not sure if this is the correct way to reply, we are having a month out in Oz to have a look around before we get too old, we fly to Singapore to break the flight up, then to Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, fly home from Sydney via Hong Kong.
We have lots of programs on the TV here about Perth and it looks so good we thought we would have a look.
Look after the place till we get there.

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 08:06 AM
Hello clunk71 not sure if this is the correct way to reply, we are having a month out in Oz to have a look around before we get too old, we fly to Singapore to break the flight up, then to Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, fly home from Sydney via Hong Kong.
We have lots of programs on the TV here about Perth and it looks so good we thought we would have a look.
Look after the place till we get there.

Did somebody mention Perth ???? lol. Pm me with your dates and I'll see what I can do to say "G'day, mate".

Here's some of our terminology. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?451-Aussie-slang&highlight=slang

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

GQ UTE
2nd January 2011, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy

AB
2nd January 2011, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.