PDA

View Full Version : Termites

pearcey
11th June 2013, 10:49 PM
Hi All
Any body on here in Adelaide in the termite business as I`ve got a small problem which I need to address very quickly

NP99
12th June 2013, 12:38 AM
Get yourself some Termidor dust and DIY. Have a look here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TERMIDOR-dust-powder-free-gift-PUFFER-termiticide-termite-pest-control-/260935477945

Stropp
12th June 2013, 12:47 AM
Termidor is the best to use as it will kill the nest they are coming from, my experience is find the nest and hit em with Termidor or they will keep coming back.

NP99
12th June 2013, 12:57 AM
Much cheaper DIY too.

pearcey
12th June 2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks Guys
Will be looking in to it as the little buggers arn`t in the house yet as we have a system of stations around the house and they have just started to appear at 1 of these.

threedogs
12th June 2013, 12:28 PM
From looking at the problems the little buggers cause I'd be buying shares in Termidor.

kevin07
12th June 2013, 01:07 PM
so can this be used as a deterent

89gqpatrol4x4
12th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Mate I would be surprized if there aren't termites in most yards, As you said there not in the house so you need to just keep an eye on things and take precautions, i.e. Keep gardens away from the house and 100mm lower than weep holes, store timber away from the house, keep dry and off the ground, do a inspection every 3 months yourself, looking for tell tale mud trails. Not a fan of bait stations as they use Tassie oak which is like ice cream to a fat kid so in fact encouraging the little buggers. Your better off with regular inspections and using a reticulation system around the whole house if slab on ground. That is a small pipe filled with poison about every 12 months which weeps out into the soil and forms a protective barrier.

pearcey
12th June 2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.
It`s a bugger we can`t use real poisons any more as they have worked for 30 something years and now I`ll have to be on my toes for as long as I live here. Been here for that 30 something years so I guess I`ll have a chance to find a solution over the next 30. Will be looking at your suggestion over the next couple of days so will keep you posted.

NissanGQ4.2
12th June 2013, 06:49 PM
Your better off with regular inspections and using a reticulation system around the whole house if slab on ground. That is a small pipe filled with poison about every 12 months which weeps out into the soil and forms a protective barrier.

Any links or brand names you would recommend, I need to look more into this

89gqpatrol4x4
12th June 2013, 07:13 PM
we use termimesh for work but all pest control companies will offer something similar. I think it is the simple things that will keep them away or a least identify them i.e. as I said keep gardens away, timber away, dry and off the ground. Termites love soft wood and damp conditions. Leave 100mm of exposed slab to the ground, a concrete path around the house is a good idea as long as it is below the weep holes. A physical and visual barrier is your best defence!

NissanGQ4.2
12th June 2013, 07:14 PM
we use termimesh for work but all pest control companies will offer something similar. I think it is the simple things that will keep them away or a least identify them i.e. as I said keep gardens away, timber away, dry and off the ground. Termites love soft wood and damp conditions. Leave 100mm of exposed slab to the ground, a concrete path around the house is a good idea as long as it is below the weep holes. A physical and visual barrier is your best defence!

Thanks mate :)

trekster
12th June 2013, 08:35 PM
TERMIDOR Dust is also perfect for treating active termite bait stations. After treatment, the termites carry the dust particles on their bodies and eventually back to the nest (where ever that may be) via the unique Transfer EffectTM. Extensive Australian research proves that it takes as little as 2 to 4 weeks for total termite elimination. This is much faster than expensive baiting systems and you will not require numerous visits to achieve success.

The bait station brings them, you dust them and they do the job for you :D

NP99
12th June 2013, 10:05 PM
They love hard wood sleepers too.....

AB
12th June 2013, 10:27 PM
I cringed when I saw this thread, my property is covered with termites. 90% of the trees (Stringy Bark) are infested by them. Thank god I have concrete stumps, top hats and follow the same advice as above.

The old rumour of termites dieing once they see sunlight is bollocks as well.

I have to cut up trees and split the wood down the back of the property in stages. Stack them and wait about 2 weeks for them to move on out of the split wood so I can bring it closer to the house....lol....Infestation at my place!

I check my house all the time and only found one trace of them in an oregon beam inside but the previous owner must of knocked it on the head long ago.

Just be careful of bringing fire wood inside or stacking it against the house too!

AB
12th June 2013, 10:30 PM
They love hard wood sleepers too.....

I built a vege garden frame and netting using hard wood 90x45.....In 6 months they chewed it out like balsa wood.

Stropp
12th June 2013, 10:52 PM
Yes I had my place treated with a barrier then two weeks laters hey came in, I have a concrete slab and the little bast#}ds ate through a crack in the concrete floor and into the timber floating floor, made a mess there and were treated then found them in the rear bathroom had them treated and then they came up and ate the floor in the activity room! I then changed pest companies and the guy found the nest within 10 mins and used Termidor on them, no problems since then but I am having 6 mthly checks till I feel comfortable. The first mob said they could not find the nest and had done the perimeter, the side of the house we found them on when the guy treated the house I actually asked if it had been treated as it looked undisturbed to me, seems I was right, my advice is if you use a pest co ask what they use as a barrier and to treat termites, Termidor is the best no doubt.

johnfethes
10th February 2021, 06:57 PM
Do proper termite treatment Brisbane (https://www.savigepestcontrol.com.au/services/termites/) to avoid having more problems with your car.

mudnut
10th February 2021, 07:06 PM
HAAA HAAAA HAAAA best spammer fail, ever.

Winnie
10th February 2021, 07:19 PM
We should bombard the phone number with calls and sign the email up to questionable website newsletters.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

jack
10th February 2021, 08:06 PM
We should bombard the phone number with calls and sign the email up to questionable website newsletters.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I told him it was poor business practice to spam forums. Might have made a mistake with my return email address.

Plasnart
10th February 2021, 08:58 PM
HAAA HAAAA HAAAA best spammer fail, ever.

Their office manager has rabies, so how credible is this mob??