PDA

View Full Version : Look what td has

threedogs
11th June 2013, 02:54 PM
Stoked as my tigged IC arrived just now, not happy that its just started raining. Will fit it later today or tomorrow, tested to 60 psi, others I looked at were only tested to 30psi. welds are very neat.
As I said stoked. Will take pics of installation. YOOO Hooo

nissannewby
11th June 2013, 03:00 PM
They are so small

threedogs
11th June 2013, 03:10 PM
Its not about size,lol 30% bigger, plus would never buy a CC cooler for personal reasons.
I'm happy. Better get on happy thread Hey

mudski
11th June 2013, 06:05 PM
Whats the thickness of the core TD? I know mines been welded but wasn't real sure on the core but mine looks the same core as yours. Be keen to see if there is any difference in temps too. This is the one thing stopping me from upgrading the IC. My temps are low now...

Drew
11th June 2013, 06:10 PM
Not about size ? Pfft suuuurrrrre ;)

Nice

mudski
11th June 2013, 06:22 PM
I'm sitting in a Hotel room TD up in Wodonga at the moment. Not raining up here. Not a cloud in the sky, but bloody cold though. Come up for a drive and we'll fit it over a few bevo's.... :)

Bloodyaussie
11th June 2013, 06:26 PM
I'm sitting in a Hotel room TD up in Wodonga at the moment. Not raining up here. Not a cloud in the sky, but bloody cold though. Come up for a drive and we'll fit it over a few bevo's.... :)

Do you need your lawns done?

threedogs
11th June 2013, 06:35 PM
Sounds good, going over TJM tomorrow to fit, As I think the boost line is tapped into IC,
Want to fit asap so I can send old one up to Diesel Smart, I believe this is their first one
No idea how bad if at all my one is, time will tell. I have no under cover here
@ Mudski I believe they are approx 30% bigger

mudski
11th June 2013, 06:47 PM
Do you need your lawns done?
Yeah my grass out the front does need a mow. Your quite welcome to lob over and do it. As for what you really meant! Throw your keys in the bowl...

Sounds good, going over TJM tomorrow to fit, As I think the boost line is tapped into IC,
Want to fit asap so I can send old one up to Diesel Smart, I believe this is their first one
No idea how bad if at all my one is, time will tell. I have no under cover here
@ Mudski I believe they are approx 30% bigger
So its on a change over basis?
As for the size. Go measure it ya lazy sod! 30% tells me SFA!

Bloodyaussie
11th June 2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah my grass out the front does need a mow. Your quite welcome to lob over and do it. As for what you really meant! Throw your keys in the bowl...

So its on a change over basis?
As for the size. Go measure it ya lazy sod! 30% tells me SFA!

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

BigRAWesty
12th June 2013, 03:36 AM
Its not about size,
That's what he said

Not about size ? Pfft suuuurrrrre ;)

Nice
That's what she said... :p

Looks the goods though.. my first thought was the same as newbies.. duck there small...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
12th June 2013, 04:38 PM
@ Mudski size is 250mm x 175 x 80, also ordered a new "O" ring for outlet pipe.
Will fit it tomorrow over at one of the shops.

threedogs
15th June 2013, 12:34 PM
Bumped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,20 minutes later and new Tig welded "Diesel Smart" Intercooler installed with new "O" ring
for outlet pipe. No difference that I've noticed other than boost being a tad lower now.
I'll reset the boost to 10psi at 2000RPM,, Happy though as its one less thing to worry about. Old intercooler
posted back so hopefully another member will benefit from this. So back we go to increasing boost little by little.
gotta love the ZD30

happygu
15th June 2013, 01:18 PM
Bumped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,20 minutes later and new Tig welded "Diesel Smart" Intercooler installed with new "O" ring
for outlet pipe. No difference that I've noticed other than boost being a tad lower now.
I'll reset the boost to 10psi at 2000RPM,, Happy though as its one less thing to worry about. Old intercooler
posted back so hopefully another member will benefit from this. So back we go to increasing boost little by little.
gotta love the ZD30

Can you go for a drive to somewhere warmer, and then report if there is any difference.....:tease:

threedogs
15th June 2013, 04:23 PM
I would love too, But big changes life wise soon.Anyway very neat welds on the IC and no fiddling around making "stuff" fit
Everything lined up perfectly, Have to highly recommend Diesel smart IC for the Di and Cr T/D. I cant fault it, Price is more than
competitive

threedogs
17th June 2013, 11:43 AM
I've had a chance to do a little bit of driving , must say very impressed.
put some more boost into it. 10psi @ 2000rpm. I'm lucky to get to 250C now.
yes very happy camper, highly recommend this affordable mod.

nissannewby
17th June 2013, 11:57 AM
Put some more boost in her :p

threedogs
17th June 2013, 12:20 PM
I'll start inserting S/S washers now ,as I dont really want to stretch spring.
Still way off where Dawes used to be.

nissannewby
17th June 2013, 12:40 PM
It's to bad you blokes get "over boosting" mine is making twice that at the same revs.

Winnie
17th June 2013, 12:50 PM
Wtf is over boosting? Seen the term a few times but not sure what it means.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

nissannewby
17th June 2013, 01:05 PM
The ecu sees its programmed limit of boost and throws the car into limp mode.

Winnie
17th June 2013, 01:25 PM
Is that adjustable easily or require a chip etc?

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

threedogs
17th June 2013, 03:10 PM
If you floor it the 3lt Di Patrol will just stop accerating until you lift your foot off and into it again'
NOW WITH dawes, EGR block, My exhaust drives the turbo and boost adjusted via the Dawes
But only tiny motor could maybe handle a bit more boost , but might get it Dynoed now
and leave it alone. Keep saying it, there is only so much you can do with the 3 ltr Di.
motor has 200k on it and still feels brand new

Drew
18th June 2013, 12:28 PM
If you floor it the 3lt Di Patrol will just stop accerating until you lift your foot off and into it again'
NOW WITH dawes, EGR block, My exhaust drives the turbo and boost adjusted via the Dawes
But only tiny motor could maybe handle a bit more boost , but might get it Dynoed now
and leave it alone. Keep saying it, there is only so much you can do with the 3 ltr Di.
motor has 200k on it and still feels brand new

Sure, like you can leave it alone LOL :)

threedogs
18th June 2013, 01:17 PM
Been driving it harder than normal and I cant get EGTs up'
thats gotta be good. Anyone who has a leaking Intercooler
{oily} and a Dawes you are pushing you know what up hill.
If you cant hold boost what are you adjusting Dawes for, now my boost levels
are stable and I can adjust the Dawes knowing my IC is not leaking.
I have no affiliation with Diesel Smart but as a forum member this is the
single best idea to do to your ZD30 before you NAD it. Its not a huge cost
but this motor requires mods for longevity, IMO this is the best thing I've
done to Nev the Nissan other than buy it in the first place. I would be figuring
this IC upgrade into your NADS costs. I'll put a pic here as forgot phone when installing
I'm in a happy place, tap tap tap it in

TPC
18th June 2013, 01:31 PM
Been driving it harder than normal and I cant get EGTs up'
thats gotta be good. Anyone who has a leaking Intercooler
{oily} and a Dawes you are pushing you know what up hill.
If you cant hold boost what are you adjusting Dawes for, now my boost levels
are stable and I can adjust the Dawes knowing my IC is not leaking.
I have no affiliation with Diesel Smart but as a forum member this is the
single best idea to do to your ZD30 before you NAD it. Its not a huge cost
but this motor requires mods for longevity, IMO this is the best thing I've
done to Nev the Nissan other than buy it in the first place. I would be figuring
this IC upgrade into your NADS costs. I'll put a pic here as forgot phone when installing
I'm in a happy place, tap tap tap it in

You better change your vehicle description to include it.
What did it cost?

threedogs
18th June 2013, 01:44 PM
Give Diesel Smart a PM as they have two prices I think One if a daily driver.
Around $395 change over with $100 dep. if daily, but you get that back. They are 30%bigger,very visable and are tested to 60 psi
and have a 10 yr warranty, I cant fault the workmanship, plus it fit, always a good sign. Other mobs are charging up to $1000
for the same thing tested to 20 psi. I've been looking at either making my own or retro fitting another style.
You can find them on Ebay

threedogs
18th June 2013, 02:32 PM
Heres some pics,,,,, those with a Di will see how it comes right to the edges of the tanks now.
FYI the boost sensor does nothing if disconnected and you have Dawes vale installed. lol dont ask
Blue hose is a replacement when OE blew off.

threedogs
19th June 2013, 11:37 AM
Now I cant fault this intercooler, temps are way down on before. Now I'll change all the hoses
to constant pressure ones. Thicker bands that grab evenly over the hose. Might even change all hoses to
Silicon as well, then keep the OE hoses as spare.