PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Chop McGrath

chop mcgrath
28th December 2010, 05:39 PM
I have just registered. I have a gq shorty 4.2 diesel I got it about 6months ago but it has developed a problem with the auto. I thought someone might have some ideas it happens when you accelerate hard and it go,s to kick down it won,t pick up the gear it,s like you missed a gear and just revs outs

dsm2750
28th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome Chop sorry I cant help you with the problem but I am sure the good people on here will have an answer or two good luck

DX grunt
28th December 2010, 06:51 PM
G'day Chop.

Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
28th December 2010, 06:57 PM
Welcome Chop, enjoy the forum mate.............you would be better posting your question here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Engine-and-Drivetrain as not everyone reads the Intro Section.

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2010, 06:59 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Chop,

Great bunch of guys n girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Sorry can't help you on your prob, I'm sure one of the other members will be able 2 help you out

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

P.s: stop past the members map thread (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1006-NissanPatrol.com.au-Members-Map) when u get a chance and leave ur location

patch697
28th December 2010, 09:46 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Dhuck
29th December 2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome and hope you enjoy as I have so far in my short time here so far.

wildgu6
29th December 2010, 12:12 PM
Welcome to Trol town Chop McG,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..
Some of the resident gurus should be able to help with your prob's. Try posting the Q in mechanical discussion section, you might get the answers your after.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you and the family are having a safe & merry xmas.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
29th December 2010, 11:28 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Chop. It sounds like an auto selection band has lost it bonding that grabs the gear hub in box. So I suggest look at getting an overhaul or 2nd hand box.

Tim

Maxhead
30th December 2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome and enjoy the forum mate