PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge Problem

Ray
9th June 2013, 09:09 PM
I have 2003 nissan patrol 3L turbo. When Fridge in caravan is connected fuel gague drops. had wiring checked on van and car. All perfect. When van disconnected no trouble with gague. Any suggestions?

june
11th June 2013, 07:54 AM
sounds like a dodgy earth somewhere. someone else will come along soon and might have a better reply.

mudnut
11th June 2013, 10:24 AM
The earth from the plug sounds faulty, causing the current to flow through the fuel gauge earth. If that doesn't work, it may be the fuel gauge earth. If the fuel gauge and pump is in the same position as a GQ, under the carpet there is a small cover plate, near the back slightly to the right, It may be as simple as checking the tightness of the electrical connections on top of the tank , and in the plastic loom connector. I sprayed both of mine with CRC or WD40 and it came good.

Wizard52
11th June 2013, 01:35 PM
Had similar problem with fuel gauge reading incorrectly after dual battery installed under tray in the ute. Dual battery was earthed to the galvanised steel support of the tray. Many theories but was only fixed when another earth cable from dual battery was run back to same earth position on the block as starting battery.