PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out.

Harry
28th December 2010, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone just joined today. My name is Geoff and I live on a remote Island up in the Gulf ( Groote) Not far to travel but great 4x4 country. I own a 2000 DX patrol which has a few issues. Driving home from the bush yesterday car started blowing black smoke and lost power. Car is not hot or using oil. When I started the car in the morning lots of white smoke. Any help would be great! I thought it might be the turbo so I started removing from spare car and cannot remove the banjo bolt for the oil supply that is under the turbo. What size socket is required to remove it. I have unplugged the sensor but can not remove from banjo bolt either. Fumbling around please help.

wildgu6
28th December 2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome to Trol town Geoff,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..
The resident gurus should be able to help with your prob's. Try posting the Q in mechanical discussion section, you might get the answers your after.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you and the family are having a safe & merry xmas.

Cheers Pete

Dhuck
28th December 2010, 06:02 PM
Hey welcome mate. Surely we have a couple of ppl here to help. I cant help much with turbo issues. But someone will be along soon to welcome you and help you out. Tooooooooonnnnnnnny

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2010, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Geoff,

Great bunch of guys n girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

DX grunt
28th December 2010, 07:53 PM
G'day Harry.

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
28th December 2010, 08:01 PM
Welcome Geoff, enjoy the forum mate....................post your question here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Engine-and-Drivetrain as not everyone reads the Intro Section.

patch697
28th December 2010, 10:46 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Finly Owner
30th December 2010, 12:38 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Geoff

Tim