PDA

View Full Version : Site Newbie (GU Patrol)

Harvey
28th December 2010, 01:45 PM
G'day, Names Pete. I have owned my 98 GU for a bit under a year.

I am looking for a 5 or 6'' lift kit. I have a 2'' inch now and have decided it's just not enough. Let me know if you have anything for sale :-)

YNOT
28th December 2010, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Pete.

I'm in Brisbane and will have a 5" lift for sale soon, still in the car at the moment. I haven't decided on a price yet.
Snake racing mega-lift springs, tough dog shocks, superior engineering drop boxes and a few other bits and pieces.

Tony

wildgu6
28th December 2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome to Trol town Pete,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable..

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you and the family have a safe xmas.

Cheers Pete

Harvey
28th December 2010, 02:25 PM
When are you looking at selling mate? Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Let me know when you decide on a price.

YNOT
28th December 2010, 04:50 PM
I'm hoping to get the suspension out in the next few weeks.

Tony

Dhuck
28th December 2010, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum of top ppl and a few crazies.

DX grunt
28th December 2010, 06:55 PM
G'day, Names Pete. I have owned my 98 GU for a bit under a year.

I am looking for a 5 or 6'' lift kit. I have a 2'' inch now and have decided it's just not enough. Let me know if you have anything for sale :-)

G'day Pete.

Welcome to the forum.

You want more lift? There's a front end loader for sale around the corner. lol. Just kidding.

In all seriousness, check out your insurance policy and your state's laws regarding lifts that high.

What state are you from?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
28th December 2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome Pete, enjoy the forum mate

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2010, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Pete

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Hope you enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

If you get a chance drop past the members map (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1006-NissanPatrol.com.au-Members-Map) and post ur location so i can add u 2 the map

Cheers

Todd

patch697
28th December 2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Finly Owner
29th December 2010, 11:45 PM
I'm hoping to get the suspension out in the next few weeks.

Tony

What R U doin Tony? sick of all the Fun?

YNOT
29th December 2010, 11:50 PM
Sick of looking over my shoulder everytime Police or transport department drive past, they're going to get me sooner or later. I don't need that much lift.

Tony

Harvey
30th December 2010, 12:10 PM
so whats your price on the lift

NissanGQ4.2
30th December 2010, 12:45 PM
Sick of looking over my shoulder everytime Police or transport department drive past, they're going to get me sooner or later. I don't need that much lift.

Tony

I know that feeling Tony, but i want 2 put my 4inch lift back in, not that there is anywhere in Sydney you can drive that requires a lift *L* If i had the money I would settle for a new 2inch suspension and leave the 2inch body lift. Don't really need the 4inch suspension. Whatever i do, I'll still need it engineered 2 do it legally anyway :(:(:(

MQ MAD
30th December 2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome aboard
I think with mention above regarding lift ,it would certainly be an issue to investigate

Bigrig
30th December 2010, 04:33 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Plenty of useful information, heaps of great people and a good laugh to be had also on the forum, so make sure you get amongst it and feel free to join in the conversations. Don't forget to throw a couple of happy snaps up in the members ride section of your rig - we never get bored of seeing them!!!

Maxhead
30th December 2010, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
30th December 2010, 05:04 PM
welcome pete good helpful people on here always willing to help
but y such a high lift,they look so unstable to me and would make it top heavy

roofy

YNOT
30th December 2010, 06:02 PM
I have both sway bars connected, It's actually more stable than my work van in fast corners.

Tony

Sir Roofy
30th December 2010, 06:28 PM
2'' lift would be ok stop the tyres rubbing ,wouldnt have to worry to much about being pulled over then
guess if your rock hopping you,d need to go higher

YNOT
30th December 2010, 06:38 PM
The lift has been great for rock hopping, lifts the body up away from most rocks and has heaps of travel.

Tony

Harvey
31st December 2010, 04:18 PM
thanx guys just need it that high as i keep gettin cought up