PDA

View Full Version : Head unit

Red 2.8
8th June 2013, 09:02 PM
Today i bought a sony head unit 1 Din and a Sony - Nissan connector but when i try plug up my existing nissan plugs into the new Connectors they don't line up at all? APP0120 is the product code for Nissans 1995 + Help ?

Dirk Diggler
8th June 2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah they won't....

If you're not handy with a soldering iron and crimp tool then jump in eBay and search for an iso adaptor for your head unit

Red 2.8
8th June 2013, 09:40 PM
Ahh , so super cheap just bullshitter me and I really should just cut the wires and solder them myself? So i run the Sony - Nissan Iso , then cut the End plug and run it into the existing Nissan Plugs with a solder and tape up?

Red 2.8
8th June 2013, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkrASNXI6o , at 6 minutes in exactly he starts explaining it , This is where i'm confused. I bought the same products but he doesn't show how he did it.

oncedisturbed
8th June 2013, 09:54 PM
There are dedicated Aerpro harnesses that are straight plug n play roughly $20

Never underestimate the power of the Tap.

Red 2.8
8th June 2013, 10:08 PM
That's the product i've bought but now i'm really lost , I have three plugs , not two =l, which means they've probably had a radio in it , then replaced once sold to me.

Hodge
9th June 2013, 08:42 AM
Is there any chance you can take pics of connectors you have? Maybe that way we could help you figure out whats going on.

Red 2.8
9th June 2013, 10:38 AM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4siu83&s=5

shaun100
10th June 2013, 08:41 AM
IIRC when I did mine, I had to buy alpine to iso, then iso to nissan....

JimD
10th June 2013, 09:09 AM
You need to get the right adaptor harness and this depends on the year model of your Patrol.

Yendor
10th June 2013, 09:52 AM
Maybe your vehicle has the earlier plug.

I would take your old radio with you and go back to super cheap and see what they can match.

Is your vehicle a TI?

oncedisturbed
11th June 2013, 12:23 AM
The correct aerpro harness should only have 2 receiving connectors, 1 for the large plug and the 2nd connector will take the other 2, 1 above the other / side by side depending on which way you look at it. You will generally need an aerial adapter as well to change from the nissan 2 pin to generic and will end up with a spare lead left over

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

menace 2
11th June 2013, 12:43 AM
Hello Red...have just done this when picking up my GQ in Melbourne ...stopped in Gold coast at home and did it on the way through...took only about 1 hr....it can be done....I have a Ti and found some issues because of the amplifier under the drivers seat...I purchased the plug and play harnesses from auto barn...you will also get in the kit a different ariel connection harness and one end of it will just not be used...if you have an amplifier you will have to break into a live wire and connect a wire you will have left with no connection...if you dont do this you will have no sound...I did actually have pics of this but at this stage I still cant seem to get photos up on here for you even though Clunk gave me all the info to do it....bottom line is that there is proper adaptor harnesses to do before you prostitute your wiring mate....if you do end up having no sound then i will take my facia off and have a look for you to give you a colour code of the wiring you need to splice into...cheers menace