PDA

View Full Version : Forum behaviour that cheeses me off.

Cuppa
8th June 2013, 01:22 PM
Not pointing finger at anyone specific

.......... but it really gets up my nose when someone posts a question & members go to the bother of doing their best to answer that question & the original poster doesn't have the good manners to at least acknowledge those answers, let alone thank those who have bothered to answer for their effort. Mainly this is new posters, but even so, surely their parents taught them how to behave!

Yeah I know, it's just part of forum life, but there are some bloody rude b*stards out there who just take.

Cuppa

Clunk
8th June 2013, 01:38 PM
Yes Cuppa a Bit of courtesy and a thank you would be nice but mnehhhhhhhhh got bigger things to worry about than behaviour of folk on here

Tapping on the Tab via MC

Bloodyaussie
8th June 2013, 01:53 PM
Deep breaths....... calm thoughts!!!!

taslucas
8th June 2013, 02:47 PM
I agree cuppa but i dont think we need another thread telling us how to behave. This place is only just getting back to normal after the last PC thread lol.

Perhaps if you see someone that seems unthankful just PM them and mention it.

Yendor
8th June 2013, 02:48 PM
I totally agree Cuppa,

There are some rude people around.

Then there are the other ones that bury their heads in the sand.

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 02:51 PM
I totally agree Cuppa,

There are some rude people around.

Then there are the other ones that bury their heads in the sand.

Lucky there is lots of sand in qld :p.

I agree cuppa but it is us who offer without expectation that are the better people and why this forum is what it is.

Yendor
8th June 2013, 03:05 PM
I agree cuppa but i dont think we need another thread telling us how to behave. This place is only just getting back to normal after the last PC thread lol.

Perhaps if you see someone that seems unthankful just PM them and mention it.

Have you called anyone ape that you don't know to their face recently?

Or do you only do that online?

It's not about being PC it's about respect and common decency, both online and in the real world.

threedogs
8th June 2013, 03:13 PM
Could start a segment like" Hey Hey its Saturday"
What Cheeses Me off
Have a vent and move on lol

Clunk
8th June 2013, 03:15 PM
Could start a segment like" Hey Hey its Saturday"
What Cheeses Me off
Have a vent and move on lol

There is a what gets my goat thread and various others such as General banter that could be used for a vent

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 03:16 PM
There is a what gets my goat thread and various others such as General banter that could be used for a vent

I agree...

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 03:19 PM
I agree...

You would :p lmao

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 03:19 PM
You would :p lmao

Balls and all mate!! ;)

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 03:22 PM
Balls and all mate!! ;)

If only we could come to some kind of agreement on long arms haha :D.

On another note hijacked threads annoy me lol.

Clunk
8th June 2013, 03:27 PM
If only we could come to some kind of agreement on long arms haha :D.

On another note hijacked threads annoy me lol.

Couldn't agree more, nothing worse than some inconsiderate Dick head hijacking someone else's thread

Tapped on crappola MC

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 03:28 PM
Easy I might have to report you.

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 03:30 PM
I might start a new General Chat thread called the HiJack thread.... Or Today's dribble!

Could be a goer

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 03:31 PM
I might start a new General Chat thread called the HiJack thread.... Or Today's dribble!

Could be a goer

Noone would touch it lol even though I think we would find a way to hijack a hijack thread lmao

Clunk
8th June 2013, 03:50 PM
Easy I might have to report you.

I was talkin about myself lol

nissannewby
8th June 2013, 03:53 PM
I was only stirring too mate

Clunk
8th June 2013, 03:54 PM
I was only stirring too mate

Oh damn it, now I'm offended ;)

Yendor
8th June 2013, 04:14 PM
Couldn't agree more, nothing worse than some inconsiderate Dick head hijacking someone else's thread

Tapped on crappola MC

For someone who claims "got bigger things to worry about than behaviour of folk on here" you sure seem to worry a lot.

I guess you need to be part of the inner sanctum!

menace 2
8th June 2013, 04:29 PM
The problem with a thread like this is it creates paranoia...hahahahahaha (well in me anyway )..I just finished 8 ..14 hr night shifts in a row this morning..(just recieved a text I am on again tonight..better get my arse into gear )..so i cant remember if I started one in a commotosed stupor and so have to look through everything to make sure ..hahahahahahahahahah

Clunk
8th June 2013, 04:39 PM
For someone who claims "got bigger things to worry about than behaviour of folk on here" you sure seem to worry a lot.

I guess you need to be part of the inner sanctum!

All depends on who's inner sanctum you're talking about but if it's anything like mine then its gonna be a little stinky

Tapped on crappola MC

threedogs
8th June 2013, 04:40 PM
Third page and still no idea what this is about. lol

growler2058
8th June 2013, 04:43 PM
Third page and still no idea what this is about. lol

Something about Clunks stinky rectum

Clunk
8th June 2013, 04:44 PM
Well it is now but it was someone else's before

Tapped on crappola MC

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 05:27 PM
The problem with a thread like this is it creates paranoia...

Finally ! Some sense! That bloke right there has it in one! These threads drive me nut just by the potential effect on the group. Really can get people asking the question of each other and ourselves.

On a other forum I am active on they have 2 stickies in the general chat section....

"What has made you happy today"
"What has made you Mad today"

Just to vent!

When I get near a computer I think I might start those as Vent threads.

Happy days! It's a long weekend and I'm working in my shed.

Yendor
8th June 2013, 05:33 PM
Finally ! Some sense! That bloke right there has it in one! These threads drive me nut just by the potential effect on the group. Really can get people asking the question of each other and ourselves.

On a other forum I am active on they have 2 stickies in the general chat section....

"What has made you happy today"
"What has made you Mad today"

Just to vent!

When I get near a computer I think I might start those as Vent threads.

Happy days! It's a long weekend and I'm working in my shed.

So you would rather people don't speak up and just go away?

mudski
8th June 2013, 05:39 PM
All depends on who's inner sanctum you're talking about but if it's anything like mine then its gonna be a little stinky

Tapped on crappola MC
Here here... I know this thread is just a general vent but the way I see it. If you have a problem with someone and you feel its pissed you off enough to say something. Do it personally. No real need to get everyone involved when it doesn't concern them.

Cuppa
8th June 2013, 05:42 PM
Didn't want to start any arguments/debates ....... I was just hopeful that my OP might 'assist' some to be a little more considerate. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

Cuppa

mudski
8th June 2013, 05:45 PM
Too late cuppa! :) How is that new glove box of yours anyway?

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 06:13 PM
So you would rather people don't speak up and just go away?

Hey Rod,
No mate not at all. Speak up in a Vent thread for sure, feel free. Pm me or any other Mod or pm the person you have trouble with.

The point was that a level of self analysis is fine but constant self analysis can be destructive by its nature.

Over the life of this forum I have seen MANY "how good are we" type threads that get up my nose just as much mate, find them a little pretentious to be honest and try and ignore them. Same goes with these threads. Very little good comes from them IMO.

This is a Great place! No doubt about it at all. A place to hang with my mates. Thanks guys. Alway garauanteed to have a good read and a giggle by some of the hijacks and dribble set amongst some quality advice with an underlying general level of respect for each other.

Regardless of what some may have thought over the last 6 months or so Very Little Moderation is undertaken or required here because of our general sense of decency, respect for each other and quality a world view. Our obvious Moral Integrity stands us head and shoulders above others on the net especially places like face book groups which can be deplorable and offensive full of trash talking trash to each other.

This is a great place, I know it, you know it, Cuppa knows it, Clunk knows it! Even bloody Newby knows it! Have a vent in a vent thread, I would like to try and limit more self analysis threads though guys, they are simply unnecessary and potentially destructive.

IMO

Regards Darren
AkA MR

Clunk
8th June 2013, 06:19 PM
This is a great place, I know it, you know it, Cuppa knows it, Clunk knows it!

IMO

Regards Darren
AkA MR

Hey man, keep me out of it...... I know nuffink!!!!! Lol

Yendor
8th June 2013, 06:52 PM
Hey Rod,
No mate not at all. Speak up in a Vent thread for sure, feel free. Pm me or any other Mod or pm the person you have trouble with.

The point was that a level of self analysis is fine but constant self analysis can be destructive by its nature.

Over the life of this forum I have seen MANY "how good are we" type threads that get up my nose just as much mate, find them a little pretentious to be honest and try and ignore them. Same goes with these threads. Very little good comes from them IMO.

This is a Great place! No doubt about it at all. A place to hang with my mates. Thanks guys. Alway garauanteed to have a good read and a giggle by some of the hijacks and dribble set amongst some quality advice with an underlying general level of respect for each other.

Regardless of what some may have thought over the last 6 months or so Very Little Moderation is undertaken or required here because of our general sense of decency, respect for each other and quality a world view. Our obvious Moral Integrity stands us head and shoulders above others on the net especially places like face book groups which can be deplorable and offensive full of trash talking trash to each other.

This is a great place, I know it, you know it, Cuppa knows it, Clunk knows it! Even bloody Newby knows it! Have a vent in a vent thread, I would like to try and limit more self analysis threads though guys, they are simply unnecessary and potentially destructive.

IMO

Regards Darren
AkA MR

Hi Darren,

There is no doubt this is a great place, that's why people speak up. If they didn't care they wouldn't say anything.

I am a member of a few forums (some I don't even bother posting on).

Once again, I do not think it has anything to do with the mods. I know you guy's do a great, often thankless job.

It seems in the last 6 months or so that the forum is being controlled by the minority LOUD members and if you don't agree with their thinking well........

Nothing wrong with self analysis, it helps you to grow.

Cheers Rodney

93patrol
8th June 2013, 07:44 PM
2 more 12 hour night shift then 4 weeks off mother efffffferrrrrs

yeah take that rant thread

Clunk
8th June 2013, 08:52 PM
2 more 12 hour night shift then 4 weeks off mother efffffferrrrrs

yeah take that rant thread

Kiss my baby smooth behind ya buggah!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Tapped on crappola MC

93patrol
8th June 2013, 10:28 PM
Kiss my baby smooth behind ya buggah!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Tapped on crappola MC

make sure its waxed then clunk not a fan of hair in the mouth

taslucas
9th June 2013, 08:53 AM
Have you called anyone ape that you don't know to their face recently?

Or do you only do that online?

It's not about being PC it's about respect and common decency, both online and in the real world.

Get a grip buddy!
Stop looking for the bad in people. If your pi$$ed off about how I may have behaved in another thread then damn well tell me. Enough of this insinuating. It drives me mad!

The fact is, the people that cuppa is referring to in the OP probably aren't going to care that this thread has been put up. And in reality unfortunately, a thread like this isn't going to make the place happier it just makes the regulars feel uneasy that they may have done something wrong while the ungrateful people continue on their way without a care.
No offense ment to you cuppa.:-)

Sig test. android, MC version 2.4.7.11

Sir Roofy
9th June 2013, 09:13 AM
Well boys and girls all these ideas and bickering comes in waves every now and then for god sake get over it
all its doing is pulling the forum to its knees if your unhappy with a comment pm them sort it out
or just leave it alone some ppl say things at times and dont realise that its frased the wrong way or they did mean it as said
as you well know they dont last long here

so just grin :biggrin: AND BEAR IT it will sort its self out

growler2058
9th June 2013, 09:20 AM
Pi55es me off when ya start drinking in the drunk thread and the instigator decides to "GO TO BED" and I end up getting a hangover

Bloodyaussie
9th June 2013, 09:36 AM
Pi55es me off when ya start drinking in the drunk thread and the instigator decides to "GO TO BED" and I end up getting a hangover

Morning sunshine..... sleep well!!!!!!!!!

taslucas
9th June 2013, 09:52 AM

hahaha i was good till late, i just had company so i neglected my online commitments. Feeling fresh this morning:)

Yendor
9th June 2013, 11:16 AM
Get a grip buddy!
Stop looking for the bad in people. If your pi$$ed off about how I may have behaved in another thread then damn well tell me. Enough of this insinuating. It drives me mad!

The fact is, the people that cuppa is referring to in the OP probably aren't going to care that this thread has been put up. And in reality unfortunately, a thread like this isn't going to make the place happier it just makes the regulars feel uneasy that they may have done something wrong while the ungrateful people continue on their way without a care.
No offense ment to you cuppa.:-)

Sig test. android, MC version 2.4.7.11

PM sent..........

growler2058
9th June 2013, 11:23 AM
PM sent..........

Bwahahahahahahhahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

taslucas
9th June 2013, 12:06 PM
.....ouch!

threedogs
9th June 2013, 12:09 PM
was someone typing in capitols last night lol

mudski
9th June 2013, 12:10 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/optimus_photo/MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif (http://s68.photobucket.com/user/optimus_photo/media/MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif.html)

taslucas
9th June 2013, 12:18 PM
hahahaha mmmm popcorn

Yendor
9th June 2013, 12:27 PM
Where's the salt and vinegar chips?

Clunk
9th June 2013, 12:35 PM
How the inner sanctum???

growler2058
9th June 2013, 01:13 PM
How the inner sanctum???

Still itchy

Clunk
9th June 2013, 01:19 PM
Still itchy

You should see someone about that mate

MQ MAD
9th June 2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
Thanks ...
Thanks ...

6 pages of on topic conversation, yup ....

mudski
9th June 2013, 05:27 PM
Still itchy

Do you like to roll it between your fingers when you have the itch?

No wait! I read sanctum as something else...

growler2058
9th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Has anyone mentioned thread hijacking??

mudski
9th June 2013, 05:39 PM
Who started it?

Clunk
9th June 2013, 05:41 PM
Has anyone mentioned thread hijacking??

On several occasions but may be not in this thread

Tapped on crappola MC

Clunk
9th June 2013, 05:41 PM
Who started it?

Not me.... Not this time anywAY lol

Tapped on crappola MC

Bloodyaussie
9th June 2013, 06:00 PM
All kissed and made up????

Anyone want a cuddle!!!!!!!!!!

taslucas
9th June 2013, 06:02 PM
I like swiss style cheese

fracster
11th June 2013, 01:13 AM
I`ve got a 4.2 for my Patrol.

93patrol
11th June 2013, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a fair swap did you give them money to help sweeten the deal as well as your car? Lol

mudski
11th June 2013, 02:49 PM
You know that will confuse the hell out of him.

I tapped that app

fracster
11th June 2013, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a fair swap did you give them money to help sweeten the deal as well as your car? Lol

Cheeky sod..............:wink:

You know that will confuse the hell out of him.

And you..........:harhar: