PDA

View Full Version : GU diffs

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2013, 05:07 PM
G'day

Did all GU's come out with a H260 rear diff or did some come out with a h233?

Cheers
Ben

Bloodyaussie
7th June 2013, 05:10 PM
Is that not what came out of Healy's was the 233???

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2013, 05:13 PM
I thought it was a 260

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:17 PM
Some come out with the H233, some come with the H260 are you planning on strengthening the Q with GU parts Bene??

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:26 PM
Just had a look at my Ti and the tag says HG39, dunno what the HG means but its 3.9:1 factory diff lock.

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2013, 05:27 PM
Some come out with the H233, some come with the H260 are you planning on strengthening the Q with GU parts Bene??

Nope I just need width. I am just about to lay-by an E-locker for the rear and if I can find a GU H233 I will get the width I need without using wheel spacers, if I go impulse 4bing on the 33's it will reduce the scrubbing on the chassis as the offset isn't as great as the 35's and I don't want to run spacers on road.I can use the lockers from both ends for the swap too.

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:31 PM
I think the most of the later zd30's came out with the h233 but the only problem i see with using the one lock for front or rear is the rear diff has 33 spline axles rear and the front has 31

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2013, 05:37 PM
I think the most of the later zd30's came out with the h233 but the only problem i see with using the one lock for front or rear is the rear diff has 33 spline axles rear and the front has 31

Yeah I am aware of that I already have a front locker, that will transfer in a front GU, and the rear into a GU h233 .

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 05:43 PM
There were a few h260 which were fitted to 3.0 manuals. I'm pretty sure most 260's are 4.3 ratio. Most gu utes will have 4.11 and coil sprung ones have the same width diff in the rear as the front.

Some of the earlier leaf sprung utes still had the 260's as well but these don't suit your application.

4.11 in a 233 will be the most common anyway.

MudRunnerTD
7th June 2013, 05:44 PM
Yes most came out with the H233.

Some Utes and ZD30s came out with the monster H260 but you should have no trouble finding a H233 for your car Ben.

Whats the elocker gunna set you back mate? would love to put one in the front of the GUIV. The rear factory LSD is fully SICK in the GUIV and a locker would near be pointless!

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 05:47 PM
And as Darren would know if your going both front and rear diffs get a gu master cylinder as well.

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:50 PM
Oh shizen lol i miss read the post then, yeh some of the GQs had the H233 so you really just chasing the casing. You could just extend your current case and use GU axles??

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:52 PM
And as Darren would know if your going both front and rear diffs get a gu master cylinder as well.

Nah we just used the Q master with U twin pot calipers mate

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 05:52 PM
Oh shizen lol i miss read the post then, yeh some of the GQs had the H233 so you really just chasing the casing. You could just extend your current case and use GU axles??

Would be far easier just to source housings.

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 05:53 PM
Nah we just used the Q master with U twin pot calipers mate

More gains to be had with the gu master.

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:53 PM
True Matt but could be a faster mod

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 05:55 PM
More gains to be had with the gu master.

It depends if the GU non abs master has the same size piston as the GQ then there is no point.

MudRunnerTD
7th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah got away with the GQ mater Cylinder.

Swap to GU diffs front and back and gain Bigger Brakes and Bigger CVs. the Axles are Longer but No Bigger. Same axle seal ;)

you get a wider stance and better steering circle.

You WILL Need a GU Tie rod and also a GU Steering box with a dropped pitman arm. I am at the limit with my GQ box and need to source a new box.

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 06:17 PM
It depends if the GU non abs master has the same size piston as the GQ then there is no point.

The gu non abs master is larger. I think it may be 1/4" larger but I would need to check this. It's certainly larger though.

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 06:23 PM
The gu non abs master is larger. I think it may be 1/4" larger but I would need to check this. It's certainly larger though.

1/4" is alot bigger mate, thats 6.3mm in Diameter. I'll have a look at mine but its ABS but could use the same master ?? Dunno, i'll be back...

Ben-e-boy
7th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Yes most came out with the H233.

Some Utes and ZD30s came out with the monster H260 but you should have no trouble finding a H233 for your car Ben.

Whats the elocker gunna set you back mate? would love to put one in the front of the GUIV. The rear factory LSD is fully SICK in the GUIV and a locker would near be pointless!
They are $1595 superior sell them, but I have a mate who might be able to get a cheaper price just need to wait and see.
My lsd is still really good, but on full compression it rubs on the chassis and opens up, turning into a poor mans rear dig and dragging the front and it sh1ts me. Taking driver ability out it the biggest let down in some situations. Also I am going to move the shock mounts and I have been advised to keep the shocks at the same angle. Getting more up travel, it will rub even worse.

Yeah got away with the GQ mater Cylinder.

Swap to GU diffs front and back and gain Bigger Brakes and Bigger CVs. the Axles are Longer but No Bigger. Same axle seal ;)

you get a wider stance and better steering circle.

You WILL Need a GU Tie rod and also a GU Steering box with a dropped pitman arm. I am at the limit with my GQ box and need to source a new box.

I have a GU steering box at home, the pitman arm is exactly the same as mine. ??, I have heard some late GQs had the same box, if it is Ill bring it with me in october for ya if ya want,

The priority is the rear, I already have a wide stance thanks to a large offset, I can deal with a gq front
diff for a while,
Cheers

nissannewby
7th June 2013, 07:18 PM
1/4" is alot bigger mate, thats 6.3mm in Diameter. I'll have a look at mine but its ABS but could use the same master ?? Dunno, i'll be back...

Yeah I have one of each here (GQ and GU no abs) I will have a look in the morning.