PDA

View Full Version : Best Couriers ?

menace 2
7th June 2013, 02:08 AM
Purchased a spare set of wheel arch flares for the GQ from ebay...organised couriers please to pick them up in Melbourne and deliver them to my sons house in Kalorama down there in melbourne...(so local pick-up and delivery ).

Organized and payed couriers please on the 14th May...they picked up the item on the 16th May...started ringing them on the 20th as to where the item is ?...advised they consider Kalorama as country ( in the dandenongs , just up from lilydale)..so they outsource deliveries...to Australia Post !!!..shit I could have just used them myself !!...
Advised they have to research it..will call back...I continually called back with 4 different people who never called back ...up until 3rd June...asked to speak to someone in management...advised cannot do..now I have a raised voice and advised that If I keep yelling /..my call will be terminated...suggested to the idiot that pack and send are looking good...advised that I have attitude and the the call will be terminated...finally the first person to actually call me back on the 3rd June since their promises to return calls form the 20th May tells me they dont know where it is and will let me know when they know something , that's the best they can do....so bottom line , forget the item , forget that services were payed for , no access to management level..please just go away basically...I want some jugulars in my hands !
So after all that rant...who is a top of the line courier service for local and interstate parcels that seem to have no major issues ??:bowdown:

Clunk
7th June 2013, 02:26 AM
The only one you can truly rely on is yourself............... Seriously mate, they're all as bad as each other.

Tapped on crappola MC

oncedisturbed
7th June 2013, 03:48 AM
have used DHL with quite a lot of purchases I have made from US, UK, China etc with no problems

phelonius
7th June 2013, 08:11 AM
Ive had no problems with fastway. Generally it has been next day from most places.

Sent from my GT-I9305

Cuppa
7th June 2013, 08:40 AM
They all seem to outsource to other companies for rural areas, usually to other courier companies though. It is not unusual for a package to pass between several courier companies like a relay baton, just a lot slower with greater possibility of stuff ups and loss. Generally I have found Aus post to be more reliable.

Cuppa

MudRunnerTD
7th June 2013, 08:49 AM
They all seem to outsource to other companies for rural areas, usually to other courier companies though. It is not unusual for a package to pass between several courier companies like a relay baton, just a lot slower with greater possibility of stuff ups and loss. Generally I have found Aus post to be more reliable.

Cuppa

Wise words from Cuppa.

Sorry mate i am with the Courier company of Kalorama! That would no doubt be a single package run up the mountain and cost the driver no less than 2 hours of his day just to deliver your package assuming he can find a house number when he gets close. Nothing local about that.

Bloodyaussie
7th June 2013, 12:49 PM
Wise words from Cuppa.

Sorry mate i am with the Courier company of Kalorama! That would no doubt be a single package run up the mountain and cost the driver no less than 2 hours of his day just to deliver your package assuming he can find a house number when he gets close. Nothing local about that.
I have read that 4 times and it still makes no sense???

MudRunnerTD
7th June 2013, 12:59 PM
I have read that 4 times and it still makes no sense???

Have you ever been to Kalorama?

LONG WAY from anywhere and Half way from everything! IN the original post he said the courier company said that it was Not Local and he thought it was and it seems silly that they were having a hard time getting there. Its on the back side of the Dandenong Ranges and in a Bush setting (like finding a house number half way up the Black Spur!)

Dont get me wrong, the treatment of him by the courier company is poor to say the least and their failure to provide the info is below average to say the least but i do understand that a single package to Kalorama would have got more than 1 Sub -Contractor Driver's nose out of joint!

ktmarty
7th June 2013, 02:23 PM
Smartsend are pretty cheap. Only used them once but (outgoing).

I've recently moved rural and everything incoming just gets dumped at the local courier distribution centre or post office , there's no pattern??.

I pretty much have to ring daily "Is it there yet? Is it there yet?" , but as Mudrunner says, for what couriers get paid they can't afford to drive all over the country side looking for addresses that navmans can't find.

My street is in a 30 year old subdivision in a rural setting and it doesn't exist according to most GPS's.

NP99
7th June 2013, 07:25 PM
have used DHL with quite a lot of purchases I have made from US, UK, China etc with no problems

X2, plus the courier leaves at my local Aust Post.

growler2058
7th June 2013, 07:33 PM
I read the thread title and got the wrong idea :oops:

menace 2
8th June 2013, 09:39 AM
Wise words from Cuppa.

yeh ok MR..if that is the case then they should declare it and maybe not take the order....I had no issue with paying which I did..they had no issue with the delivery address at the time...but I still have the right to have my item at some stage , not be told it doesnt exist any more...the right to be notified when they say they will and still up until yesterday , not heard from them ..I dont have an issue with having to set a crane up and lifting one quick job and packing up the crane and possibly only getting 2 hours pay for the day because it comes with the profession I have chosen so it cant be all cream and roses every day..so bad luck if they have to go up the mountain for one delivery on a given day...its actually 15 minutes up from croydon or bayswater and the house numbers are on the letterboxes like any other suburb..its not out in the bush there...I used to work for a courier service back in the day and I have seen all the bulls#*t that goes on when someone isnt getting the cream...I still want a jugular !..I dont like being robbed

thanks to all for replies and suggestions...menace

MudRunnerTD
8th June 2013, 09:50 AM
Have you ever been to Kalorama?

LONG WAY from anywhere and Half way from everything! IN the original post he said the courier company said that it was Not Local and he thought it was and it seems silly that they were having a hard time getting there. Its on the back side of the Dandenong Ranges and in a Bush setting (like finding a house number half way up the Black Spur!)

Dont get me wrong, the treatment of him by the courier company is poor to say the least and their failure to provide the info is below average to say the least but i do understand that a single package to Kalorama would have got more than 1 Sub -Contractor Driver's nose out of joint!

yeh ok MR..if that is the case then they should declare it and maybe not take the order....I had no issue with paying which I did..they had no issue with the delivery address at the time...but I still have the right to have my item at some stage , not be told it doesnt exist any more...the right to be notified when they say they will and still up until yesterday , not heard from them ..I dont have an issue with having to set a crane up and lifting one quick job and packing up the crane and possibly only getting 2 hours pay for the day because it comes with the profession I have chosen so it cant be all cream and roses every day..so bad luck if they have to go up the mountain for one delivery on a given day...its actually 15 minutes up from croydon or bayswater and the house numbers are on the letterboxes like any other suburb..its not out in the bush there...I used to work for a courier service back in the day and I have seen all the bulls#*t that goes on when someone isnt getting the cream...I still want a jugular !..I dont like being robbed

thanks to all for replies and suggestions...menace

All Good Menace, either way its crap mate, you should have your item, even if it was at their depot for pickup which is where it should be!

Hodge
8th June 2013, 02:23 PM
For what it's worth. We've so far had 3 couriers please deliveries, where the bloke in the van got ultra-close to our letterbox to drop in the "unsuccessful delivery" notice. No door-knock or anything, didn't even get out of the van. Our front door is literally 7m away from the mailbox, how hard can it be. It was all caught on the security cam. I kept the footage. I wasn't impressed. I know our local post office (where he drops it off at end of his run), is 5 minutes away from us. But still, it's not the way he should work.

About a month down the track, I happen to be working on the car when he came around to drop something off. I politely asked to him watch a small video I had on my tablet. Same bloke, same turban, same van rego and he still denied that it was him in the video. I didn't want to be an dog and dob him in to his boss or whatever, but come to think of it, maybe I should have.

Hope you get it sorted out mate and get your item.

menace 2
8th June 2013, 04:21 PM
Cheers MR..I stand up for what I say and do..and maybe have too higher expectations of people to do the same ..I suppose the outcome at the moment is a possibility when you try and get things done on the run from a distance when you are not home...at least it wasnt a turbo or the like ..hahahahahahahaha....have a good one .

Yeh Hodge..I think Cuppa had it right..I havent had a problem with Aus post in the past

menace 2
13th June 2013, 07:37 PM
Finally had a win !!...waited for the return call for another 6 days and as per usual ..no return call..once again I made a call and got a different person (the 6th)..same stuff..asked me all the details , phone number , delivery address etc etc…and said there is no new information and cant tell me if there is any results from the supposed investigation and someone will call me back…so now I was like a wild cat in a cage ….2 hours later I got a call to say they had found my item…well I am thinking this is looking better , until she asked me if the delivery address is near Aspendale !..Kalorama is up the dandenong ranges and Aspendale is down near Frankstone about 60 klms away…she told me it is in a blokes car and has been for about 4 weeks…and that after I explained the distances she said that maybe there is the same street address there too ….obviously the down side to dealing with a call centre !!..I am thinking ..bullshit…that’s the worst excuse I have heard…she offered to give the bloke my number which I agreed to immediately …I would have better luck dealing with him…he rang me …yes he did have it in his car for the time stated , but he had told them he had it and “worked “ in Aspendale….turns out he had the same problems I had with getting someone to ring him back and to try and get them to pick up the item…Turns out he lives in the house across the road from the delivery address and they had left it at his door !!...he dropped it off over the road that night and un-damaged..
Good result in the end

So would I use couriers please again….no way

threedogs
13th June 2013, 07:54 PM
Just make sure you have a tracking number or
con note number, and the receiver signs for it.
That way you can follow it on line

menace 2
13th June 2013, 08:13 PM
Yeh did have the con note number Threedogs ..lolol..and investigation numbers etc ..thats what made it so hard for me to believe lololol...cheers

happygu
13th June 2013, 08:13 PM
We use Couriers Please at our work a fair bit, and I have had a few things delivered for me personally, and I have had no complaints.

They have been excellent....sorry to hear about your misfortune though Menace.

No excuses for them, but probably the difference is, suburban metro to suburban fringe .... probably would have been better if you were a little closer or a little further away.

Mic

menace 2
13th June 2013, 08:23 PM
Yeh you are probably right Mic..but once bitten twice shy lololol...anyway ..alls good that ends good....cheers

MudRunnerTD
13th June 2013, 09:02 PM
So the Odd thing about that though is if the item was addressed correctly then why on earth did the other bloke not just walk across the bloody road as per the address label and drop it on the door step? You know the neighborly thing to do?? Regardless if he knows the neigh our or not. If the number is correct then its the bloody country! Drop it in to your neighbor! Good excuse to met the neighbors???

Surely!

Will be very interested to hear if he seller labeled it correctly??

menace 2
14th June 2013, 04:05 AM
Nah the seller didnt have the address MR..the courier who picked it up had the delivery address..the number 4 was put on it instead of 5 ..lololol...but reference was always made to the original booking ..somewhere , somehow from picking it up , in the depot transfer if there was one , to delivery ..it went to 4 on the delivery address ??...I think Happygtu may have been right ..if I had it sent to nth qld where the GQ is then it probably would have arrived ...it would have been to a company name...no the bloke over the road had no idea because it was to his address..lololololol