PDA

View Full Version : NATS issues for a GU 1

ozzymalone
6th June 2013, 04:38 PM
Sorry to start another NATS thread all! Have had a read of everything I could find but no one seems to have had this situation arise.

So....when i purchased the wagon it came with two keys. One an original NATS key and one a knock off with chip. The knock off key has always worked until recently. The NATS chip has fallen out of the original key. Then the knock off worked perfectly for months until recently when it no longer works in the ignition barrel so back to the NATS key and the engine management light thingo flashing. Thankfully it still runs on lpg but can't change to petrol because of the factory immobliser. What I need to know is if a local locksmith can get the code off the knock off key to reprogram a clone? OR am i forced to go to Nissan because I don't have the orginal chip at all.

All help appreciated on this one.

Morton
6th June 2013, 07:12 PM
I think your going to have to go a ridgy didge unit mate

mudski
6th June 2013, 10:51 PM
Any decent locksmith can do it. I found a local locksmith, who does the local Nissan dealers work. He could do the lot, a lot cheaper than what Nissan could.

Alitis007
7th June 2013, 01:19 PM
I bought a key from nissan and got my locksmith to come and cut a new key then i reprogrammed it with my scanner. Any mechanic with a scan tool can program the chip you just need a blank cut to suit your barrels. I wouldn't cheap only genuine but thats me :)